any older member sucess stories? with pictures.

Options
nitza53
nitza53 Posts: 45 Member
I am sixty and trying to loose about 70 more pounds, I know this can be done , I see a lot of 20-30 something stories how about us? :wink:

Replies

• gibsonsg45
    Options
    It is 100% possible for ANYONE to lose as much weight as they want to but it is a very slow process 8lbs a month is typical
  • jolt28
    jolt28 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    It is 100% possible for ANYONE to lose as much weight as they want to but it is a very slow process 8lbs a month is typical

8 pounds a month??? I wish!!! I'm lucky to average one pound per month these days!
  • melfitnesspal13
    melfitnesspal13 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50's and have lost all my weight since Mar, with just an adjustment to my regular meals (no sweets now) and added an extra 3 days of exercise. I workout 6 days a week now. I also bought an inexpensive Biggest Loser kitchen scale and have a little better idea of portion control, was pretty good even without the scale though. I also eliminated all drinks and replaced them with water only, aside from my morning coffee with 2 % milk. You can do this!!!
    :smile:
  • Katkamm77
    Katkamm77 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50's and have lost 37 lbs. in the last 17 weeks. I need to lose at least another 70. It will take a while but I am determined to get there. People of any age can do it. It just takes commitment.
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    I'm still a young'n
  • GoRun2
    GoRun2 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    I'm in my 50's. I lost 22 lbs between Jan and June. I'm now down 28 lbs. and down to 122 at 5' 3".
    I'm also running 6 miles 3 times a week.

My next step is to start strength training.

When I am on plan, it's been about 0.5 lbs a week. I think it has to do with smaall people with less weight to lose have to go slower.

Best of luck to everyone.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!