I'm new to this site. Hello from Kentucky

Options
Hello,
My Name is Mona, from Guston Ky , about 10 miles west of Fort Knox, KY. I am new to this site and was pleasantly surprised to find this free site. I know counting calories works because I lost 25 lbs in 5 months, about 8 years ago. and it was from counting calories and walking a mile (outside) everday. However over the past 4 years...... I have gained it back slowly.... Just turned the big 50!
I am going to make myself use my new treadmill (I've had it about 1 year and only been on it a few days here and there)I have to clear a lot of dust off of it. I hate it becasue it is so boring, even when I watch the tv or listen to music. I am happy to be a member of myfitnesspal.
I am going to be disiplined about it, but still walk outside every opportunity I get. I just dont have a lot of motivation :ohwell: . My goal is to lose about 40 lbs by June 2008 :happy:

Good luck to all of you. I hope you reach your goals and dreams.

Replies

• mrh092957
    Options
    Hello,
    My Name is Mona, from Guston Ky , about 10 miles west of Fort Knox, KY. I am new to this site and was pleasantly surprised to find this free site. I know counting calories works because I lost 25 lbs in 5 months, about 8 years ago. and it was from counting calories and walking a mile (outside) everday. However over the past 4 years...... I have gained it back slowly.... Just turned the big 50!
    I am going to make myself use my new treadmill (I've had it about 1 year and only been on it a few days here and there)I have to clear a lot of dust off of it. I hate it becasue it is so boring, even when I watch the tv or listen to music. I am happy to be a member of myfitnesspal.
    I am going to be disiplined about it, but still walk outside every opportunity I get. I just dont have a lot of motivation :ohwell: . My goal is to lose about 40 lbs by June 2008 :happy:

Good luck to all of you. I hope you reach your goals and dreams.
  • baylou
    baylou Posts: 52
    Options
    hello Kentucky Iam from oregon but born in washington Iam 61 this pass nov gain to many pounds over the years love this site started about 2 months ago at 180 today 176 not alot lost but Iam not gaining which is a good thing I work 12 hour days drive 1 hr to work and 1 back home so that makes for a long treing day so not much working out for wieght lost
    any way good luck to you and hope to hear from good news orrrrrrrr bad it ok with me
    your friend
    betty:flowerforyou:
  • mildrede40
    Options
    Hey Kentucky, Good luck you have alot of support on this web site............................
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Welcome!
  • jbs2008
    Options
    Hi!I was so happy to find a free site with all these great tools and message boards. I live in Alaska and it is hard to stay motivated when it's cold and dark outside for so long. There is no gym in my town (nearest one is 100 miles away!) so I have to stay focused and motivate myself. I look forward to talking with others about their successes as well as struggles. I know I struggle with food - I JUST LOVE IT! - but today is a great day for a new beginning. Happy New Year to you all!
  • alixk
    alixk Posts: 7
    Options
    Hidy Mona. I just joined myself yesterday.
    I used to pay $25 a month to use Weight Watchers online calorie counter.
    This is such a great, free service.

Walking helped me lose 36 lbs. two years ago. I recently changed jobs, moved to the mountains of New Mexcio and just recovered from a broken ankle. I've let 12 lbs. creep back from lack of exercise. Being part of a community like this will help me.

I've learned that anyone can lose weight at any age if they (1) count calories (2) walk daily or at least four times a week and are (3) accountable. So a food diary or a message board or OA meeting works.

Good luck in the new year. May we all be healthier.

Alixk