October 2013 Move Your *kitten* Challenge

Options

Replies

• speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    OK so I'm upping my goal In a month where the days are getting shorter and colder and I'm scheduled to work more. :huh: (No, really this time! I've seen the schedule with my name on it.) :smile: Not sure if I'm crazy but I know you all will keep me moving. :flowerforyou:

150 miles for October :happy:

exercise.png

@taximom

Nope. Nobody's crazy around here; we're just out of our minds. :laugh: :tongue: Just kidding!
    The goal is to challenge yourself, and ultimately, get out of your comfort zone.
    That’s what you’re doing, and this is just awesome! :drinker:
    GO GET IT! :glasses:
  • speedyf
    speedyf Posts: 1,571 Member
    Options
    I cannot figure out the ticker....I can't seem to add miles? Can anyone help me? :ohwell: Do you have to make a new ticker every time? I can't figure out how I get to the one I made yesterday...

@superfox12082
    This here:
    http://www.TickerFactory.com/exercise/wUdoGxs

is what you need to copy/paste in your address bar to get in YOUR ticker.
    Click on "edit/update data" and you'll be able to add your daily miles.
    You'll have to do that every time to update your ticker and copy/paste the bbcode in here
    so everybody can see you progress and keep you moving :drinker:
    Hope this helps.
  • spikesmom
    spikesmom Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I'm logging my first ride :) September was a horrible month, but I WILL make goal this month!

exercise.png
  • TheRunningGuppy
    TheRunningGuppy Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    In for 80 miles run in October!
  • Capfau
    Capfau Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am in - just have to figure out how to make a ticker
  • Ademar111
    Ademar111 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    New! I'm in for 50miles this month.

exercise.png
  • momof2boyz832
    momof2boyz832 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    I am in....trying this ticker thingy..

exercise.png
  • tam6van
    tam6van Posts: 1,089 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've upped my goal by 10K. I'm shooting for 110KM this month:smile:

exercise.png
  • Libi_KK
    Libi_KK Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Well I almost made my Goal last month so I will try once more for 100 miles.

exercise.png

Happy. That is such an excellent picture of us. =)
  • degan2011
    degan2011 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Same goal of 70 miles. :)
  • JenRunTriHappyGirl
    JenRunTriHappyGirl Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    My October goal - 75 miles!

Went down because I will be doing a lot less bike riding and a lot more running at the end of the month to start training for my half marathon!
  • darkrider42
    darkrider42 Posts: 5,342 Member
    Options
    Gotta up my goal this month. It's going to be tough. Snow is starting to fall in the hills so I may be skiing for my miles by the end of October but lets since I went over in September, I'll up the goal to 250 miles.

Dave, Put me in for 250 miles. :-)

@ Dave, Janet and Dinos, I'm challenging you three to see who hits goal first. :-)

Sure, if I can lower my goal. Or maybe I'll just bike a bunch of miles LOL. Ok, truth is a love a challenge. I'm in with my usual 100 miles of running, walking, hiking but I don't expect to win.

Janet you rock! Here we go. :-) Now let's see if we can get Dave and Dinos to join in. If it makes you feel better I did up my goal by 50 miles and we have snow on the way.

I pretty much set my goal such that I usually hit it pretty darn close to the last day of the month. If I finish too early, there's potential for me to get lazy that last week. :laugh: But I'll see what I can do. :smile:
  • vernie87wb
    vernie87wb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to get back into weight loss after a really long time off, so I'll set my goal for 20 miles in October. I've never done one of these, so hopefully it motivates me!
    I did 1.5 miles today walking

Total for October - 1.5 miles
  • darkrider42
    Options
    How do I join?

Go back to page 1 and read the very first post of the thread.... :wink:

Dave
  • lisamziegler58
    Options
    I'm in for 100 km.

exercise.png
  • darkrider42
    Options
    I cannot figure out the ticker....I can't seem to add miles? Can anyone help me? :ohwell: Do you have to make a new ticker every time? I can't figure out how I get to the one I made yesterday...

Sorry you're having trouble. Which part are you having trouble with....creating it or including it in your update posts? After you create the ticker and click the final [NEXT] button which takes you to the final page showing you the final product, there will be a link for "bbCode" that you have to copy to your clipboard. (Note: Save this somewhere too....like a text file on your desktop....just in case). Then when you create your update post, write whatever inspiring message you wish :) and then hit enter a couple times for a *new* line, then paste the bbCode. When you post it, it should then show up. If you'd like to test it first, feel free to paste the code into a PM reply to me right here to see if it works. (You'll have to go to your Sent Messages folder to see if it did.)

Then next time you work out, you have to use the same device you used to create the ticker (Laptop, smartphone, iPad, etc) to go to www.tickerfactory.com. Enter the PIN you created, update your total miles, then click [Next]. Either re-copy the bbCode or grab it off your desktop text document. (I use my android phone and keep it "locked" from deletion in the clipboard.) You can use the very same ticker for subsequent months by just changing the text on the same page where you update your total miles.

Good luck and let me know if you have any further questions! :)

Dave
    Darkrider42
  • darkrider42
    Options
    I am in - just have to figure out how to make a ticker

The very first post of this thread by BLUIZ13 (Denise) on Page 1 should cover it....if not, there are a couple more posts on this page (or the previous one) where it was explained again.

If you still have questions, feel free to shoot me a PM.

Dave
    Darkrider42
    Challenge Co-Admin
  • mandysmom092711
    Options
    Hey everyone! I'm in for 100 miles again! Good luck!
  • BakerRunnerBadass
    BakerRunnerBadass Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    Started off with a quick 3.2 mile run this morning!

exercise.png
  • Jmoss4852
    Jmoss4852 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm going for 100 miles this month! :)