Protein

Options
I am having trouble reaching my daily protein goal (without going over my 1500 daily calories).... Any suggestions?

Replies

• STC1188
    STC1188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Protein powder, chicken, beef, pork, FF or lowfat cottage cheese or greek yogurt.
  • elainecroft
    elainecroft Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt, lean meats, beans and legumes. i see you are eating a lot of sandwich and soup type things - you can try to add in protein or swap for things with a bit more
  • Eabec
    Eabec Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I do: canned chicken, egg whites (lots), reduced fat string cheese, iso whey protein (106 cals, 25 protein)

Chibani has new snack greek yogurt - about 20 protein i think and 100 cals.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Are you a vegetarian? I don't see much meat in your food log. I am not a vegetarian (but do eat meatless for breakfast and lunch). You need to cut down on cheese as your primary protein source - cheese is high in fat and will pack on the calories fast. Try eating more beans, eggs. Also, I add chia seeds to my morning oatmeal and that provides extra protein. I eat greek yogurt instead of "regular" yogurt and it has more protein. Overtime, you may want to try cutting out on processed food like soups (very high in salt and low in nutrients) and go with more home cooked stuff.
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Meat and eggs are high in protein and low in calories.
  • PeaceBrat
    PeaceBrat Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes? I love GNC's shakes - they have 25 grams of protein with only 170 calories and they taste amazing! Also, Quest protein bars - tons of protein, low carbs... not the greatest taste, but if you're just going for protein, you can get it down and they fill you up since they also have a lot of fiber (the one I jsut had has 16 grams of fiber!).
  • bmgolf
    bmgolf Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Add proteins to a salad, ie., chopped turkey or ham. Or, egg white frittata with chopped ham, veggies and light cheese. Watch portion size.
  • Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Swap out some of your processed snacks (yoplait is mostly carbohydrates with a dash of protein and fat) with less sugary ones, like one of the plainer greek yogurts sweetened lightly (or at at home) with fruit, low cal sweetener, or just a touch of honey. Also, what's for dinner? A simple meal of a protein dense food (tofu, meat, etc) with simply cooked veggies. I also love protein based smoothies mid day or for dessert to round out my protein.
  • Camille0502
    Camille0502 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Your protein goal is set at 94 grams per day. I don't know your size or if you are male or female - but depending upon that, 94 grams seems like a very high goal.