Best Work out for short time?

Options
I am going to be hitting the gym after work every night. My husband isn't happy about this, but alas I am doing it. I was wondering what I could do to maximize my limited time (maybe 30-45 minutes). The gym has everything I could need. Machines, free weights, etc etc. No classes are offered at the time I will be going (I get off at 11pm)

Thank you!!

Replies

• j6o4
    j6o4 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    HIIT, usually last for 15-20mins.
  • Hadabetter
    Hadabetter Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    I would say HIIT as well, and alternate it with high intensity weight training. You can get a really good lifting session in with HIT weight training, also in a short amount of time. PM me if you want additional info on this.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    Starting strength, Allpros beginner routine, or strong lifts.... My weight lifting sessions are only about 35 minutes... just shorten up the rest periods to 60 seconds max and you can squeeze in 20 sets. You can definitely get in a full body workout in 45 minutes... if u can go every five days a week you can split it up a bit so you have some more time for warmups and cooldowns.
  • rsjohnb
    rsjohnb Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    if your looking for pure bur then you cant beat squash. you will get between 400 and 700 burn per 30 minutes!! but you have to go full tilt and you need someone to play with, maybe your husband could give you a game??

good luck :)
  • MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Alternate Stronglifts 5x5 with HIIT on different nights.
  • TribeHokie
    TribeHokie Posts: 711 Member
    Options
    You definitely want to do some sort of HIIT / circuit training. nerdfitness.com has some good bodyweight routines that you could either do from home or incorporate some gym equipment into.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,108 Member
    Options
    Right now I am using Turbulence Training 2.0. The workouts are all about 30 minutes, really intense, and just overall great. I cannot recommend it enough. It goes from beginner all the way to expert. Better yet, it is only 3 workouts a week.
  • ElizIvory
    ElizIvory Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I will try some HIITS tonight and try some weight lifting too. I've got a ways to go so thank you all. :)
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Focus on compound movements like bench, squat, deadlift, OHP.
  • Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    4x a week? I would suggest 2x heavy lifting (e.g. 5x5), 1x low intensity cardio, 1x intervals. Unless you're really out of shape, in which case both cardio can be long, steady pace to build up a nice aerobic base.
  • skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    I would lift weights. :P