Dinner 500 calories or less...

Options
2»

Replies

• sharleengc
    sharleengc Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    Most of my dinners are 500 calories or less and pretty much all of them involve boneless, skinless chicken breast. Example, tonight marinated chicken in light honey mustard dressing, bake, top with turkey bacon (optional) and serve. If more is needed, add rice or potatoes or turn into a sandwich (I use saralee 45&delightful bread 90 cal for 2 slices).

Last night I had chicken tacos. boneless, skinless chicken in corn tortillas.

If you want more suggestions, send me a message.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I never eat a meal over 400 calories. Go to Skinnytaste.com or emilybites.com. You'll find so many great options!

Well that's no fun!
  • scarlettpower
    scarlettpower Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I just made myself some Jamaican curried chicken breast with some garbanzo beans mixed in. Mashed cauliflower with a little salt and pepper (awesome alternative to mashed potatoes). 1 cup of steamed string beans on the side. Very tasty! And it was under 400cals :smile:
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I second Skinnytaste for some great recipes and ideas!

Also, breakfast for dinner is a great, filling option for low calories. A huge veggie omelette will not set you back a very large number of calories and is really filling.
  • juiletflt
    juiletflt Posts: 159
    Options
    A burrito bowl. Rice, black beans, either grilled chicken or steak, pico de gallo, salsa verde and a little sour cream. See my pre-logged lunch for tomorrow. It comes in at 477.
  • 1 boiled egg
    2c steamed vegetabes

100 kcal.

:)
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    5oz of homemade meatloaf, 4oz of homemade mashed potatoes, and veggies on the side, still under 400.
  • awtume9
    awtume9 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    I just made myself some Jamaican curried chicken breast with some garbanzo beans mixed in. Mashed cauliflower with a little salt and pepper (awesome alternative to mashed potatoes). 1 cup of steamed string beans on the side. Very tasty! And it was under 400cals :smile:

Holy crap that sounds so good.
  • STC1188
    STC1188 Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    8oz of lean pork + 2 cups frozen veggies: ~350 calories and over 50g of protein.
  • ereck44
    ereck44 Posts: 1,170 Member
    Options
    Bump for later.