The holistic approach to weight loss! The Jawbone UP

Options
I'm not sure if any of you are familiar with the new activity tracking trend going on but I've used my Jawbone UP now for about 6 months now and hitting my weight loss goals have never been so easy. No more counting calories or guesstimating caloric burn during activities. Here's a quick review of the bracelet.

http://www.fitgadgetreviews.com/jawbone-up-review/

I have quite a few pictures and all the information that you could need about the Jawbone UP. If you guys have any questions about it, let me know and I can help. I'm really impressed with this product and wanted to share. It's helped me lose 20 pounds and it motivates me to keep going because I can constantly see progress, I'm a big data guy so I like to see all the results of my workouts and it helps me push myself harder every day.

Replies

• 42hockeymom
    42hockeymom Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I compared the Jawbone with the Fitbit Flex and I'm hooked on my Flex.

It is fantastic, and I like that I can change the wristband color to suit my whim.
  • imbikinibound
    imbikinibound Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I have been comparing the Jawbone UP and the Fitbit Flex - and just have not taken the plunge yet. I am leaning toward the UP - just trying to decide on a color. Do you wear yours in the shower - I have read mixed reviews on the UP and water - I just want something I don't have to worry about taking off all the time to shower and such.
  • Mickeyriv
    Mickeyriv Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I have the Jawbone and I LOVE it. I wear it in the shower, and have not had any issues.
  • thinkBOXoutside
    Options
    I don't wear mine in the shower... I'm sure it would be fine but I just don't want to take the risk of ruining it. Other than the shower, I wear it all the time.
  • imbikinibound
    imbikinibound Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input - Now to decide on a color - love the orange and the light blue - kind of waiting for the red.... What color does everyone have? Is the light blue more of a turquoise?
  • VincitQuiSeVincit
    VincitQuiSeVincit Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I LOVE my UP bracelet. I received a black one as a gift and I'm so in love with it.
    I wear it in the shower.
    The only thing it sucks for is when I go bike riding. :(
  • thinkBOXoutside
    Options
    I use apps like RunKeeper that pair up with my Jawbone UP. Tracks your route, calories, time, pace, etc... all by GPS. Fitness Gadgets are getting so awesome these days... What do you guys think about the new Fitbit Flex?
  • xxghost
    xxghost Posts: 4,697 Member
    Options
    I love my Flex. :3
  • AROMEY
    AROMEY Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi Thinkbox!

I have an upband and I absolutely love it- I'm a numbers junkie too and I prefer to use the calories expended number Up gives me over what MFP predicts and then subtract from there (I'm currently shooting for about a half pound loss each week, very achievable and has been working well with my lifestyle). Anyways, I was wondering if you use your Up band calorie calculations over MFP as well or if you log in your workouts and eat back on MFP separately? I find that MFP over calculates for me and it's just not as accurate at the Upband. Would love to get your feedback. Thanks!
  • MrsWilliams0618
    MrsWilliams0618 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I was just wondering the same thing today! Did you ever find out? I notice the UPband syncs to MFP diary but im always wondering if i should add the exercise still, or is that wrong and doubling my activity? hmmm