Starting MFP again and need lots of motivation!!!

Options
I have used MFP on and off for the past year or 2. I have decided it's time to get healthier and feel better about myself. When I was pregnant with my son, who is 4 years old, I gained about 45 lbs and have yet to lose it. I need all the motivation I can get, so feel free to add me!! :)

Replies

• rabbit1057
    Options
    Tabitha...Wishing you all the best with your journey. Add me and I will be here for support. :o)
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I have not been logging in for about a month now. Though I have not gained any weight back, I haven't lost any . It's time for me to give myself a swift kick in the rear and get going in the right direction once again! I will add you as a friend if you don't mind.
  • cherishthomp03
    cherishthomp03 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    The more I'm on this site the the more people push me te better I'm doing... Thanks for all the encouragement keep it coming.
  • Boomer_Sooner1972
    Boomer_Sooner1972 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I recently just "re-started" myself. Good luck!
  • LizTheMom
    LizTheMom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I, too, am starting up again; I've been back at it strong for 8 days now. All of my children have left the nest, and it's time to work on Mom! I have always seemed to struggle with my weight, and the older I get the harder it gets to lose it, however, I am determined to become healthier! I'm excited! :-)
  • Kkangel21
    Kkangel21 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Me too! I just joined a gym, and have worked out 3 days already!! yippee!!! I am soo happy and excited!!!!:smile:
  • mizzliv
    mizzliv Posts: 13
    Options
    Good luck! Just starting up myself and would be happy if you'd like to add me as a friend!
  • KariRDH
    KariRDH Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Me too!! Restarting again....we can do this!
  • dmhat6278
    dmhat6278 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! So glad you're ready for this challenge...you can do it!
  • ceebeez1975
    ceebeez1975 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi I am re starting also, so far have lost 6kg on my own but have just incorportaed MFP so I can track better and understand how many calories I need each day. Feel free to add me as a friend, I am a mum too, with two kids, still trying to lose weight ( I yo yo heaps)
  • srm1960
    srm1960 Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
    Welcome all newbies....this is a great start to your journey....good luck to all ..it works, eat less, move more, water, water,water!!????????
  • mjschwer84
    Options
    In 2010, I was 107kg (236 lbs) with 30%+ body fat. Today I am 88kg (194 lbs) with 13% body fat.

I am a lazy person who likes pizza and bad food, staying in and playing computer games.

BUT I ride my bike everywhere, and go to the gym at least 3x a week. I have one cheat day (but don't go super crazy...usually).

In short, if I can loose 19kg (42 lbs) and keep it off for 3 years (and counting), then you sure as heck can : P

Set realistic goals and keep at it and don't give up!

YOU WILL GET THERE IF YOU TRY!
  • jaimewol
    Options
    If you're looking for motivation I suggest watching some YouTube videos about weight loss. I always find that very motivating.
  • Yari5
    Yari5 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey, i'm in the same boat! My daughter is 4 and my plan was to loose the 60 pounds in 3 months! That worked out real well. Now i am even bigger than at 9 months pregnant! Very frustrating! I was a size 8 when I got pregnant, now I'm a size 20 on a good day! Uff!!!!!!
  • tabitha10
    tabitha10 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! Your post is very motivating! :)
  • Pmscur
    Pmscur Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
  • simonkurth
    simonkurth Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    You can do it :) This website has helped me in so many ways. Feel free to friend me if you'd like some extra support