Protein Powder

Options
What's your opinion on replacing breakfast with a protein shake. I usually don't each much of a breakfast and have thought about trying protein shakes in the morning.

Replies

• MoochieRama
    MoochieRama Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    It's a great idea. You should do it your whole life. I like shakeology, it makes me feel better if I have one shake for breakfast daily.
  • Chieflrg
    Chieflrg Posts: 9,097 Member
    Options
    I'm a firm believer on eating actual food instead of shakes. I have and do have shakes at times like today. I was 3000 calories short by dinner time.

What ever makes you more comfortable and works for you is also my opinion...
  • Dr1nkbleachndye
    Dr1nkbleachndye Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I personally like a quest bar in the morning, and should I end up having a protein shake, I have it in the afternoon. Lately I've been mixing Atkin's Advantage shakes, and about 3/4 of a serving of ON Hydro Whey. The taste is a lot better than just using water and protein powder.

Of course you could just have a protein powder in the morning, but I also would plan it around how your mornings unfold thereafter as far as work/school/gym.
  • Alluminati
    Alluminati Posts: 6,208 Member
    Options
    Why not just skip breakfast then? I'm not a breakfast person either so I have coffee and have more cals left for lunch and dinner.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    I usually tell people that protein powders are supposed to be a supplement to your diet not a meal replacement but there is nothing wrong with it as long as you are getting your nutritional needs from the rest of your diet.

I dont really skip breakfast but I eat it closer to lunch time because I really dont like eating right after waking up. Skipping breakfast or moving it until later is also an option. Again, as long as you are getting your nutritional needs met by the rest of your meals. I mention this just in case you want to drink these because you think you have to have something for breakfast. You dont.
  • hendersonb21
    hendersonb21 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Whey protein shakes are supplements, not necessarily a meal replacement. I'd try something like Shakeology. It's the meal replacement shake that I've been doing for the past couple months and it's helping me tremendously! Plus it's flipping delicious which definitely helps :) If you'd like to know more about it, send me a message or email me: hendersonb21@gmail.com
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Its good just add veggies and fruits to pack in more cals, fiber and protein!
  • angelzprophecy
    Options
    i have a protein shake w/ 2 stok shots right when i wake up and also make a ham egg and cheese to eat on the way to school so i do both. A protein shake wouldnt keep me full enough for long enough, maybe like 2~3 hours. It just depends on how long you have to wait until your next meal. im not talking about meal timing, more like ... well for me, i dont like feeling hungry and if i cant eat for 5~7 hours while in school then a protein shake isnt going to cut it. protein powder is well just protein, no different than the protein you get from meat.