Carb Cycling

Options
Has anyone tried it? And how do you do it?

Replies

• Mr_Knight
    Mr_Knight Posts: 9,532 Member
    Options
    Oh my. Considering the challenge already posed by TDEE, I cannot even begin to imagine the havoc that would be caused by cycling. :)

That said, lots of active people do it, and some of us find that our bodies fall into natural cycles of eating more/less, generally tied to our exercise schedule.
  • GoBigDaddy822
    Options
    What are your goals Chris powell has a good book out about carb cycling and depending on what your goals are maybe carb backloading would be a better option
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Yep, I do it per Martin Berkhan's LeanGains method:
    http://rippedbody.jp/2011/10/23/how-to-calculate-leangains-macros/
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Um, I'm doing it because I do Leangains 16/8. I had stopped cycling, but getting back to it. I feel I had better results when following that plan as close as possible.
  • dalgraham
    Options
    I was actually curious about carb cycling because of Chris Powell. I've just never tried it and was wondering how effective it was on anyone that tried it. Or if it was even worth trying out at all
  • juliastarr25
    juliastarr25 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, I bought chris powells book on this and haven't read it as of yet. I'm interested in findong out about the whole carb cycling as well. Who has tried it and how it helped them if it did at all.