Protein powder recipes...

Options
Does anyone have some yummy recipes that utilize protein powder. I'm getting tired of just drinking the stuff!

Replies

• stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I put vanilla protein powder in cookies. Replace 1.2 the flour w/ protein. :-)
  • Lisamarie1226
    Lisamarie1226 Posts: 335 Member
    Options
    Hi there!

I've been raving about this to my buddies on this site. Here is my most current "fave":

6-8 oz. Dole (or Market Pantry) Orange, Pineapple, banana juice
    1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
    about 1/2 of "festival blend" fozen fruit (found at Costco -- pineapple, mango, papaya, & strawberries
    more ice if needed.

I LOVE it! If you don't have a Costco membership. just play around with different fruits, I like frozen because it's cheaper in the long run, it lasts waaaaaay longer, and it adds to the consistency a lot better. I also find that using juice instead of milk is more versatile --- it "keeps" a lot better. I can make it the night before and it taste great the next day. With milk based smoothies, it starts to separate. I prefer the "blended" juices to plain OJ because it gives it a more exotic or tropical flavor.

Another fave (I got the basic idea from another post from another forum, but I customized to make it work for me):

This works MUCH better on a heavy workout day when you have more calories to spare:
    6-8 oz fat free (or 1% milk) -- you can use water to save calories but I didn't care for it that way
    1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
    1-2 tbsp peanut or almond butter
    1/4 -- 1/3 cup quick oats
    ice as needed

VERY filling!

Good luck!

PS-- I just re-read your post... I thought you were asking for smoothie recipes.... sorry!
  • Sharonbed4d
    Options
    Here's a few I have for meal replacement for breakfast:

Very berry smoothie
    8 oz skim milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 cup mixed berries ( I use get them from Costco)

Power Breakfast smoothie
    1/2 cup low sugar grapefruit juice
    1/3 cup Trop 50 Orange Juice
    1/2 cup Greek strained yogurt
    1 scoop vanilla protein
    1/2 frozen banana

Chocolate Peanut butter
    8 oz skim milk
    1 scoop chocolate protein
    1 tbsp peanut butter
    1/2 frozen banana
  • blessedbirdie
    Options
    Does anyone have some yummy recipes that utilize protein powder. I'm getting tired of just drinking the stuff!

I use "Naturally More Peanut Butter" and mix it with some protein powder. Eat it with a spoon or roll into balls if you get the texture right. Yummy. Double Protein and awesome taste. I get the PB at Walmart. Full of good Omega, wheat germ and flax.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Thanks, those all sound great. Keep 'em coming if you have more!
  • gingermoon
    gingermoon Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Here ya go:

Easy Protein Bars:
    8 Scoops Whey (any flavor you prefer)
    3 Cups Oats
    1 Package Sugar Free Fat Free Pudding
    2 Cups Skim Milk
    Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and spread in the bottom of a pan. Place in the fridge overnight and cut into 8 individual squares the next morning.

Protein Jell-o:
    1 scoop protein powder (preferably fruit flavored)
    1 package sugar free jell-o powder
    Make jell-o as directed on the package only right before you put it into the fridge; mix in one scoop fruit flavored protein powder.

Protein Powder Cottage Cheese:

Another very easy idea for those on a high protein diet and looking for a fast meal. Take 1/2 to1 cup cottage cheese and mix with 1/2 to 1 scoop protein powder. If you are looking for a more complete protein and fat meal, which may be the case for those on carb cycling plans, add in a tablespoon of peanut butter to get the macronutrient profile you need.

Protein Peanut Butter Balls:
    3/4 cup peanut butter
    1/4 cup honey
    1 scoop chocolate or vanilla protein powder
    1/2 cup raw oats
    Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and form into small 1" balls. Place in the fridge for a few hours and then enjoy.

Protein Powder Parfait:
    2 cups chopped mixed berries
    2 cups of sugar free yogurt or pudding
    1 scoop protein powder
    Mix protein powder in with yogurt or pudding. Layer fruit and pudding/yogurt in a tall parfait glass. Top with chocolate shavings or a dab of fat free cool whip. Makes 2 servings.

Oatmeal Pancakes:
    1 cup raw oats
    1 scoop protein powder
    3 egg whites
    1/4 cup water
    1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
    2 packets sweetener
    1 1/2 tsp baking powder
    Place all ingredients in a blender and blend for 30 seconds. Then pour onto a hot grill and cook like a normal pancake. An optional addition is to add some frozen fruit after the batter is blended.

Protein Milkshake:

For those of you who are bulking and require significant amounts of calories and aren't as worried about fat content, this recipe is perfect.
    1 scoop protein powder
    2 large scoops ice cream
    1 cup milk
    *Optional: frozen strawberries or an overripe banana for sweetness.
    Blend all ingredients together until well mixed but still thick.

Protein Mocha Coffee Blend:

This is a great substitute for your regular cup of coffee for those of you who need a little assistance waking up.
    1 cup brewed coffee
    1/2 cup chocolate protein powder
    1/2 cup milk
    Mix together and enjoy. Or, alternatively, take cold coffee, add a few crushed ice cubes and drink as an iced coffee beverage.
  • AwesomeMe
    AwesomeMe Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use a double chocolate protein powder and mixed with milk alone is s gross. Someone at the nutrition store told me about mixing it with my coffee and I use fat free french vanilla creamer, OMG is it good mixed together! Its great for a snack when I get hungry.

Good luck!

Bonnie
  • HerbieSue
    HerbieSue Posts: 288
    Options
    These all sound great! I want to try the oatmeal pancakes tomorrow morning!
  • AKosky585
    AKosky585 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I definitely need to try some of these soon! Always looking for way to get more protein in my diet.
  • changling82
    changling82 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    GINGERMOON- wow, all of those sound super yummy. Now I wish I wasn't at work so I could make some of them!
  • VeggieCarrie
    Options
    Since it's pumpkin season, I have been craving everything pumpkin:

Mix in Magic Bullet or blender:

1 C skim milk
    handful of ice
    1heaping TB of canned pumpkin
    1 scoop protein powder/ I've tried both vanilla and chocolate (not at same time) and prefer the chocolate, but both are so yummy!

The chocolate protein option reminds me of a pumpkin chocolate chip muffin!
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    The Oatmeal Pancakes were soooo good! I added some flaxseed powder a little extra water and they came out a beautiful golden brown and were delicious! Thank you so much for this recipe!:flowerforyou:
  • cycle4fun
    Options
    Anyone famliar with Genisoy protein powder?
  • JohnAbb53
    Options
    My daily protein drink consists of the following:

16 oz water
    2 scoops of Vanilla Muscle Milk Protein powder
    2 tbls of ovaltine chocolate powder
    1 tbls all natual creamy peanut butter
    1 tbls flaxseed meal
    1 medium bannana

Place in blender and mix till smooth.
    Delish!!

555cal 49g Carb 14g Fat 62g Protein
  • HerbieSue
    Options
    I added pumpkin puree to the oatmeal protein pancake recipe here and they are wonderful!
  • DaddyMantz
    DaddyMantz Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great recipes. Thanks!
  • kikibruce
    kikibruce Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You can put half a scoop into your oatmeal or cream of wheat also and mix with fruit it give a sweet taste to the oatmeal.
  • JoleneZ27
    Options
    WOW Gingermoon, I can't wait to go to the grocery store tomorrow to get some ingredients to make some of your recipes. Thanks for the info!!!! :)
  • dave4d
    dave4d Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Protein pie:

for the crust, you can either use a reduced fat graham cracker crust, but I noticed it still has trans fat, so after some experimenting I took about 2 servings of Fiber One graham cereal, blended it to a powder, mixed with about 3 egg whites then baked for 10 minutes. Let cool.

For the filling:

Chocolate pie:

1 package of Jello sugar free pudding mix, (instant)
    4 scoops of chocolate protein
    1 to 2 cups of milk. (It needs to be thick enough to set up, and depending on the type of protein, you may need more, or less.)
    top with lite or fat free whipped topping.

Banana cream Pie:

1 packet of vanilla, or banana flavored pudding mix (instant)
    4 scoops of Vanilla protein
    1 to 2 cups of milk.
    1 sliced banana
    top with lite, or fat free whipped topping.

Cheese cake:

1 packet of cheesecake pudding mix
    4 scoops vanilla protein
    1 to 2 cups of milk
    top with either fresh strawberries, or I like to top it with the low sugar cherry pie filling.

My favorite shake is usually Mint chocolate chip:

1/4 cup to 1/2 cup skim milk. (Use less milk to make it more like ice cream)
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1/2 tsp peppermint extract
    1/2 frozen banana
    2 cups frozen spinach
    2 to 3 packets of sweetener
    1 tbsp dark chocolate chips.
  • sandiki
    sandiki Posts: 454
    Options
    bumping for later!