Anti-Fungal Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• moonfruity
    moonfruity Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    There are registered dietitians who advocate for chocolate milk, turkey bacon and Splenda With Antioxidants. No thanks! I'll take whole food over that crap.
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    There are registered dietitians who advocate for chocolate milk, turkey bacon and Splenda With Antioxidants. No thanks! I'll take whole food over that crap.

Um, OK. That's nice. Totally offtopic and irrelevant, but nice. And working well for you, no doubt.
  • snazzyjazzy21
    snazzyjazzy21 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

Um, OK. That's nice. Totally offtopic and irrelevant, but nice. And working well for you, no doubt.

Quick, there's still time to jump off the scaremongering train!
  • gddrdld
    gddrdld Posts: 464 Member
    Options

Ummm...Registered Dietitian over here...We don't like having words put in our mouths. Keep up the good work with the weight loss and whole foods though. :-)
  • explosivedonut
    explosivedonut Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    To everyone that thinks yeast is beneficial should visit http://www.cancerfightingstrategies.com/fungus-and-cancer.html#sthash.x6ojVYVb.dpbs
    Yeast is very prevalent in most if not all cancer patients. Scary!!

So is dihydrogen monoxide, very scary indeed! I think we should avoid the stuff at all costs.
  • Grnjello
    Grnjello Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's easy to dismiss such things as nonsense or b.s., but if I am told by a person that they have seen results from a certain eating style, then I would personally give it a try. Even if it is just an anectodal story, it's still better then nothing, right? The way any eating style makes you feel should speak for itself. I don't believe anybody unless they are an expert or they have personal experience with something. And, people who are nasty and disrespectful to others pretty much shoot themself in the food from the get-go, credibility-wise.
    Personally I've been eating paleo for the past few weeks, and I feel great! If you don't believe in eating clean, then don't do it. You are the only one who's responsible for what goes in your mouth.
  • LJSmith1989
    Options
    Lolibobs
  • kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    To the few who gave actual advice or shared experiences/thoughts either for or against the diet, thank you.

To everyone else, you're the reason I stay away from the boards for the most part.

I'm still conducting my own research and won't be doing it for at least 3 weeks, if at all. All of the nutrition suggestions she has given me so far have worked very well for me and as such, I'm inclined to try it out. The way I see it right now is that the worst case scenario is that I feel like crap for a few days and then return to my normal eating habits. Best case, I still feel like crap for a few days, but then feel much better, lose a few pounds, and continue eating relatively healthily after.
  • jonnythan
    Options
    Why even ask for advice if you're going to summarily ignore all of it, except for the people who said what you wanted to hear?

Way to waste our time.
  • kriskris92
    kriskris92 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Why even ask for advice if you're going to summarily ignore all of it, except for the people who said what you wanted to hear?

Way to waste our time.
    Why do you assume I ignored it all? I ignored those who completely shut me down for considering the idea and ridiculed my trainer for proposing the idea without providing anything of substance. I was grateful for the few who actually gave opinions backed up by facts or research either for or against the diet. Thanks anyway.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    anything that starts with "detoxify" immediately goes into the trash bin, IMO...
  • MinimalistShoeAddict
    MinimalistShoeAddict Posts: 1,946 Member
    Options
    She doesn't know what she is talking about.

^^This

+1
    x 8 milliion

+ 1 x 8 million + 1 more!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options

Way to waste our time.
    Why do you assume I ignored it all? I ignored those who completely shut me down for considering the idea and ridiculed my trainer for proposing the idea without providing anything of substance. I was grateful for the few who actually gave opinions backed up by facts or research either for or against the diet. Thanks anyway.

any trainer that recommends a cleanse should be fired...your body naturally cleanses itself...
  • jonnythan
    Options

Way to waste our time.

You outright rejected the overwhelming consensus among posters, which is that your trainer is clueless. We didn't shut YOU down. We tries to educate you about how dumb your TRAINER is.

You really should not listen to her.
  • mustgetmuscles1
    mustgetmuscles1 Posts: 3,346 Member
    Options
    But I like my mushrooms.

Exactly what I was thinking.
  • gingabebe
    gingabebe Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Are you suffering form recurring yeast infections? If so, give it a whirl.

I had that problem, my doc told me it was from my higher insulin levels in my system (guess I was just too sweet) and cutting out the sugar completely for a while and then reducing my previous levels drastically helped. Now if I just say screw it all and drink sweet tea, eat desserts, etc I get one again after awhile so therefore I only rarely have sweet treats and have completely given up my sweet tea.

Now if you don't have this problem, just eat a normal well balanced diet. I would ask my trainer if any previous clients had success on it, why did they do it, how long did they do it for and what specifically you could expect in results. If she is a dumb trainer this should show in her responses.

There is a low carb group on here where you will find individuals that would give opinions.
  • theoriginaljayne
    theoriginaljayne Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    She says its main purpose is basically to detoxify the body/liver and kill off sugar

lolwut
  • gingabebe
    Options
    She says its main purpose is basically to detoxify the body/liver and kill off sugar

lolwut

Oh, surely she didn't say kill off sugar, perhaps she was using sugar as Southerners use it describing diabetes and meant to bring insulin levels down or under control? I don't know about detoxing your whole body, perhaps she meant using up the energy stored in your liver. Most certainly she should reword her spiel.
  • gingabebe
    Options
    To everyone that thinks yeast is beneficial should visit http://www.cancerfightingstrategies.com/fungus-and-cancer.html#sthash.x6ojVYVb.dpbs
    Yeast is very prevalent in most if not all cancer patients. Scary!!

So is dihydrogen monoxide, very scary indeed! I think we should avoid the stuff at all costs.

There are a rare few allergic to water.