Finally seeing progress !

Options
Lyzz6363
Lyzz6363 Posts: 49 Member
Hello I am Liz I have been on MFP for 2 long years. I have battled with loss and gain for the past two years. My recent gain was everything plus some. I quit smoking in January and had gained everything I had lost. I recently started the program again but tweaked my eating habits, and from both quiting smoking and cutting my sugar after two years of trying, I finally seen results. I never thought 20lbs was much , but I have seen the difference which now has given me the motivation and boost to keep going and finally reach my goal this time! I'm very happy with my small loss, 2 shirt sizes down and a pant size. I'm defiantly holding on strong and working hard this time to loose the rest. I was at 100lbs to loss goal and now at 70lbs to loose, it just doesn't seem so impossible now and totally 100% dedicated.

Thanks for reading, sorry I have very poor grammar. This is a before in April and recent picture.
beforeandaftertexassweater_zps89ff4ba7.jpg

Replies

• homesweeths
    homesweeths Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    You're right, 20 lbs is a lot!

Keep up the good fight.
  • Lyzz6363
    Options
    Thank You =)
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Looking good!! Fantastic work!
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Nice work. :) thanks for posting.
  • Pamelaniamh
    Pamelaniamh Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Well done :flowerforyou:
  • Lyzz6363
    Options
    Thank you, I appreciate it. :smile:
  • MrsWilliams0618
    MrsWilliams0618 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    awesome job!!! I just hit 20 pounds down also, its a great feeling :):)
  • slw5X5
    slw5X5 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    Wow, what a difference!
  • Qski
    Qski Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    Well done, you look great and congratulations on stopping smoking too!
    20lbs is as awesome start now just rinse repeat yeah?!
    I have not been on here before but have tried several different times to lose, we just have to keep doing it till it sticks and we find what works for us and keep doing it.

You should be really proud :flowerforyou:
  • Lyzz6363
    Options
    Thank you so much ladies, that's why I love this site. It's people like you who help me push further and give me the motivation to keep going. I have worked so hard, I am defiantly repeated. No more cheat days, because then they end up in off track weeks. So I am sticking to what I feel has been working, and hopefully by the holidays, I can have some yummy holiday food ;)
  • prpljellybean
    prpljellybean Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You are doing an AMAZING job!! You should be EXTREMELY proud of yourself!!! :smile:
  • maryjboom
    maryjboom Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Great job!. Congrat on the 20lbs and quitting smoking.
  • jessannprice
    jessannprice Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress!! You keep it up :)
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Lizz good luck!!
  • yusineddy
    yusineddy Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    You look great, wtg!
  • sharee05
    Options
    Keep pushing you got this. Iv been struggling as well but I feel like I am fully commited this time :)
  • Lyzz6363
    Options
    Thanks everyone, it's been a struggle but no one said it would be easy. I'm happy for all the support on here! Everyone is so great.
  • Briwi007
    Options
    Well done! I joined MFP just 2 days ago so have a looooong way to go but great reading of your success :smile:
  • ceebeez1975
    ceebeez1975 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great for losing 20 pounds- I have lost 13 and I have noticed but no one else has yet, maybe 20 pounds is the magic number!
  • Care76
    Care76 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    WTG, looks like more than 20 pounds! Congrats on quitting smoking too!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!