diet pills

Options
I know they're not the healthiest on the planet, but I would like to lose a couple pounds fast(even if it's just water weight). I am still going to follow a healthy eating/workout plan for long-term and maintaining the weight loss, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with dietary supplements, how many you took a day, how long before meals?

Replies

• mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    No one has found a magic pill that will make a significant difference without causing you harm. High-protein, low-carb diets will result in more dramatic water-weight loss.
  • korpinator99
    korpinator99 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Roxylean by bpi worked wonders for me with curbing appetite
  • jennifer_417
    jennifer_417 Posts: 12,344 Member
    Options
    Why the rush? Do it all right the first time, and it's more likely to be the only time.
  • alexveksler
    alexveksler Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    I know they're not the healthiest on the planet, but I would like to lose a couple pounds fast(even if it's just water weight). I am still going to follow a healthy eating/workout plan for long-term and maintaining the weight loss, but I was just wondering if anyone has had any luck with dietary supplements, how many you took a day, how long before meals?

No, personally I've never had any luck. I am just giving you a fair warning. People are not nice to "diet pills" topics.
  • rockstar2b66
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose all the weight with supplements, just a couple pounds of water weight to get it started. I have a big event coming up in 3 weeks and I was hoping by dieting and exercise to lose 5 pounds by then. I just thought I would try supplements to make sure that the weight was off. Every little bit counts, if it could help with a pound or two.
  • honeysprinkles
    honeysprinkles Posts: 1,757 Member
    Options
    I like OxyElite Pro (old formula). It's only recommended to take 8 weeks at a time, and after that you get used to it anyways.

I suggest learning how to do it without a diet pill, but I've used OEP for plateaus and I think it helps.
  • Jewlz280
    Jewlz280 Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to lose all the weight with supplements, just a couple pounds of water weight to get it started. I have a big event coming up in 3 weeks and I was hoping by dieting and exercise to lose 5 pounds by then. I just thought I would try supplements to make sure that the weight was off. Every little bit counts, if it could help with a pound or two.

At one point, I tried several with no luck. If you want water weight off, your best bet is to watch carbs and keep them fairly low. You don't have to cut them out, just cut back on the less filling ones like white bread, etc. No point in completely removing them, just cut back for the next few weeks. Up your protein and good fats to help you feel full. And then get good workouts and have a moderate deficit. Oh, and take it easy on the processed foods strictly for the sodium. :) Really, there is no shortcut. Just do the work and it will happen. But lowering carbs does seem to drop a decent amount of water weight quickly just because you don't have them sitting in your guts soaking up water. LOL I don't know if it is medically true, but it has always been something that stuck in my head. Just know that pills, shakes, or any of that other stuff is just a gimmick and you don't need it. Good diet, good exercise, discipline and patience. Good luck!
  • thatbelinda
    thatbelinda Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    If you want to get rid of water weight, go out and get really drunk the night before. You'll wake up nice and dehydrated, and about 1kg less than the night before.
  • DrewMontoya
    DrewMontoya Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    If you want to get rid of water weight, go out and get really drunk the night before. You'll wake up nice and dehydrated, and about 1kg less than the night before.

Winner!
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    Guys be fair.

I have taken several diet pills and they work well. I can reccomend a few. Try looking for Goforajoggatrin. I took that In combination with Getoffurarseatrix and some Eatlessmayonaissenol.
  • MizSookeh
    MizSookeh Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Guys be fair.

I have taken several diet pills and they work well. I can reccomend a few. Try looking for Goforajoggatrin. I took that In combination with Getoffurarseatrix and some Eatlessmayonaissenol.

^ best advice.
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    You'll lose weight.....in your wallet. Don't be foolish.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    tumblr_lon50ewpkE1qb1hb6o1_500.gif
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    I would like to lose a couple pounds fast(even if it's just water weight).

Why would you want to do that? Makes no sense.
  • drop_it_like_a_squat
    Options
    tumblr_lon50ewpkE1qb1hb6o1_500.gif

Wow that film was SO disturbing.
  • teagirlmedium
    teagirlmedium Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    I have never tried diet pills, but for water weight you could just go to a sauna and sweat it out. Or do things at home to sweat it out. There are also belts that are supposed to help you loose water weight. I think pills are ok for trying to lose a bit for an event or a vacation, but I am kind of against them because of some of the problems the pills can cause. Good luck on loosing the weight you want for your event.
  • VictorianFlower
    VictorianFlower Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I know people who've had success with 'diet pills' that suppress appetite and right now I'm on some pretty hardcore ones that I had prescribed, and they seem to be working well

the question is whether or not it's worth the risk for you. if it is, talk to a GP or pharmacist and if not then stick to what you've been doing if it's working for you.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    If you've got 3 weeks you can lose 3 kilos. that's 6lb. Just set your goal to lose 2lb a week.

It doesn't have to be water weight. why would anyone want to lose water weight? The moment you eat a normal meal it all flies back on.
  • tonadayuu
    tonadayuu Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    If you've got 3 weeks you can lose 3 kilos. that's 6lb. Just set your goal to lose 2lb a week.

It doesn't have to be water weight. why would anyone want to lose water weight? The moment you eat a normal meal it all flies back on.

^ This.
  • nmensen18
    Options

I took Healthe Trim for a couple of months (whatever the supply was for 2 bottles they sent). I took 2 pills in the morning when I got up. I had gotten interested in it because of the local radio station talking about it every 5 seconds lol. It is safe - all natural - some people experience a boost of energy (although I did not). You start to lose weight immediately within the first week. I think it really helped jump speed my initial 15 or 20lbs and took about 2 months to achieve. I stopped taking it though because near the end of my supply I noticed it seemed to stop working as well as it had initially. They advertise them to allow you to lose weight without having to change your eating or lifestyle, but after some time, I noticed this wasnt true for ME. I would go up and down depending on my diet and exercise....so in the end, I dropped the pills and just continued to do everything the old fashion way - diet and exercise is the only true/best option to lose weight consistently.