Anyone with Similar Goals???

Options
MandyyyB
MandyyyB Posts: 16
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
Hi everyone,

I have been a member here a few times in the past but never stuck with it long enough to make any changes.
A little over a year ago, I left home for college and gained even more weight so I thought, why not give it one more try?!?

I started at 230 lb. - This was the heaviest I have EVER been and I just wanted to sit in a corner and cry. lol
My current weight after almost 2 months is 214.2 lb.
My goal weight is 135-145 lb. (But as I get closer to those numbers they may change).

I have gotten pretty used to the whole eating healthy and smaller portions, it feels like a regular part of my day now.
I come from a very small southern town so the food there didn't help, hence my past diets always failing.

Now I workout and I play tennis or swim just about everyday, and I am very proud of the progress I have made so far.

If any of you are in the same situation or have similar goals, feel free to add me! :)

-Mandy

Replies

• ccarew77
    ccarew77 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    We are in SUCH similar places!!!
    You should be super proud of the changes you've made.
  • crempel83
    Options
    Hey Miranda!!
    I'll be your friend! I love to cheer people on and share goals and tips. It definitely helps to have support on here, sounds like you've made some great progress and are starting to think of it as more of a lifestyle change than a diet.
    Take care!
    Colleen
  • runturkey
    Options
    Mandy,

First let me say "Awesome job!!!" About eights ago I weight over 250 pounds. It felt really bad. I had knee and back pain that kept me from just walking. I brought my fitbit and set a goal of 7500 steps a day. Now I'm up to about 18,000 and I have lost 30 pounds. I would like to lose another 25.

Chris
  • JADEPH0EN1X
    JADEPH0EN1X Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I have similar goals ! Started at 235 lbs , now am 210 , goal weight is 158 lbs . Feel free to add me for support .
  • callie828
    Options
    We have almost same starting weight and goals!!! Feel free to add me!
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    My starting weight was 233 so we are very similar there.

I'm 5 '7 and my goal weight for now is 159lb
    This will bring me just into a healthy bmi and weight for the first time in my life.
    I may decide to lose more once I reach that number but for now that's my goal :)

Feel free to add me, we're the same age!
    Hi everyone,

I have been a member here a few times in the past but never stuck with it long enough to make any changes.
    A little over a year ago, I left home for college and gained even more weight so I thought, why not give it one more try?!?

I started at 230 lb. - This was the heaviest I have EVER been and I just wanted to sit in a corner and cry. lol
    My current weight after almost 2 months is 214.2 lb.
    My goal weight is 135-145 lb. (But as I get closer to those numbers they may change).

I have gotten pretty used to the whole eating healthy and smaller portions, it feels like a regular part of my day now.
    I come from a very small southern town so the food there didn't help, hence my past diets always failing.

Now I workout and I play tennis or swim just about everyday, and I am very proud of the progress I have made so far.

If any of you are in the same situation or have similar goals, feel free to add me! :)

-Mandy
  • Getawayfromthecake
    Getawayfromthecake Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I have similar goals ! Started at 235 lbs , now am 210 , goal weight is 158 lbs . Feel free to add me for support .

wow our goals are really similar, I started at 233 and I'm now 177lb but my goal is 159lb! :)
  • laurakesti
    Options
    Miranda,

I have done the same thing: I've done MyFitnessPal a few times in the past but never stuck with it. lol But, I'm determined this time I will. :) I would love to help also! Congrats on how far you've come! It sounds like you've established pretty good healthy habits in your lifestyle! I need to do the same. I work in an office 10 hours a day so its hard for me to get out and about, excerising. My goal is to maintain a healthy weight and an active, healthy lifestyle. One of my friends is getting married in February and I'm in her wedding so I hope to be toned and healthy by then.

Anyway, Good Luck! And I will do my best to help you! :)
  • superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Our goal weight is about the same. Feel free to friend me. :flowerforyou:
  • imzadi481
    imzadi481 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I started at 217, I am now at 205. I run or walk every day, at least 35 minutes, but closer to an hour. My goal ATM is 140. I'll go and add you :)
  • SPPutnam
    SPPutnam Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Great job working at and achieving your goals! It is so inspiring to hear of young adults getting serious about their health. Keep it up!
This discussion has been closed.