Taking back me

Options
Today I woke and said enough. No more letting myself go. I will own me once again. I decided to join MFP as a way of staying engaged in the process of returning my body back to health. It wasn't more than 10 yrs ago that I was an elite athlete and soldier of fitness. I had the body. I had the life. I had the HEALTH. Now, with a beautiful wife and 3 adorable boys later, I have gained a disgustingly large amount of weight. Playing with my kids shouldn't tire me out. My wife is gorgeous...she hasn't let herself go...what gave me the right? I have the know-how. I have the ability. I look forward to meeting new friends and people through what appears to be a large online community. I look forward to sharing my knowledge and experiences, and learning from others.

Time to get to work. Today I start taking me back.

Replies

• emAZn
    emAZn Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I like your fighter attitude! Don't lose that!
  • nicoleisme
    nicoleisme Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    Some great motivation! Work with that and create good habits!
  • lejla2002
    lejla2002 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    you can do it!!! good luck, you got that beautiful wife and three kiddos let them motivate you !!
  • gabbygirl78
    gabbygirl78 Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Welcome and I love your enthusiasm!! That is the key here to stay motivated and support each other! I gained a lot of weight after my kids were born also but pregnancy itself had a lot to do with it. I lost 85 lbs several years ago then was laid off from my job, started nursing school, went through a bad divorce, and this year alone I quit smoking and lost my father. Recipe for weight gain! I have the same attitude. I got to get myself right and started here on this sight to do it! Since I have started I have received so many wonderful supportive friends that keep me motivated. This is by far the best success I have had regarding weight loss and motivation. I hope you have the same wonderful experience with MFP as I have! Good luck and Happy losing! :flowerforyou: FR sent!
  • BL_Coleman
    BL_Coleman Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    That is exactly how I felt when I started. I was super fit when I was younger, but somehow let myself go...literally. Good luck, just go slow and you'll eventually remember why you used to love the gym/working out.
  • cl_green
    Options
    I love your attitude! I just started my journey about a month ago!