my motivation

Options
Just started and have lbs and lbs to lose currently to embarrassed to say what i weigh but believe me when i say i'm really obese. Have always been on the large size and have gone up from a size 18 to a 30 in 24 years.
Next october is my 25th wedding anniversary and my husband as just found our perfect holiday to celebrate at la blanco spa resort in cancun mexico and were looking at renewing our wedding vows whilst there so would love to lose weight to be able to have a beautiful dress and wedding photographs that i never had on my original wedding.
Will need lots of support and motivation to encourage me but am thinking of posting a picture of our dream holiday on the fridge as a start.

Replies

• KristinNicole82
    KristinNicole82 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!! Feel free to add me as a friend I am always good for diet and exercise tips and boat loads of encouragement.
  • Bluetoast
    Options
    Sounds lke a great inspiration. I am 50 and nearing my 23rd anniversary. No kids left at home and am no trying to figure out better meals to cook on the limited time that I have (I work full time and commute) If you think that we could be supportive to each other, please add me as a friend. Best of luck!!

Blue
  • leelo2003
    leelo2003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well my first week wasn't as bad as i thought it would be, unfortunately did have a bad night Tuesday we had kebab, chips and a full 1.5 litre bottle of wine each but was positive with my self knowing that all though i'd had a bad night not to kick myself for it because if i wanted something i should have it. Have been under all my calories all week and today had my weekly weigh in I've lost 8lb and my BMI as drooped by 2.3.
    Really really pleased and am pushed to continue with my calorie control and get to my dream holiday and vow renewals a slimmer healthier me, My daughter is also joining me on healthy eating and i'm proud to say she lost 4lb this week.
  • lewcompton
    lewcompton Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I'm Lew... Married, dad of two soon to be three... 44 tomorrow... started 15 months ago at 425... now 235.9... Anyone is welcome to add me!
  • leelo2003
    leelo2003 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Well just come back from doctors appointment and asked them to refer me to the local leisure centre for the live well programme which gives you 26 weeks of diet nutrition advice and use of all facilities including a personalised exercise plan he weighed me done my height and took my blood pressure glad to see it was normal. Booked up for a fasting blood test next week to check for signs of diabetes as my mum as been recently diagnosed dads diabetic and brother is diabetic all became so in the last 6 years.
    After doctors went down to my local Tesco and for a laugh tried on a size 20-22 onesie. I 'm a size 28-30 was really shocked to find it fitted and done up a little clingy over my hips but wasn't tight on my stomach or bust.
    My goal of getting to a size 18 by next October is still on and if i can get into a 20-22 now i'm positive i can accomplish this been looking at some beautiful chiffon beach wedding dresses and there is so much choice.