6 week success?

Options
I am going on vacation in 6 weeks and am looking to lose maybe 10 pounds before i go. Or at the very least lose some pounds of fat and tone up so i feel good in a bathing suit. I am 5'0 and weigh 115 lbs, so i really don't need to lose too much. 105 lbs is what I used to weigh in high school and i felt great at that weight. I am hoping that if i stay determined, watch what i eat, and workout regularly I can achieve this goal in 6 weeks. I really am not so much concerned with the number on the scale as much as i am about losing inches and feeling tone. Anybody have experience with great success in a 6 week period?

Also, when u track your exercise and food and then it calculates what you would weigh in 5 weeks if you ate this way everyday is that accurate?

Replies

• helenjon752
    helenjon752 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    Why dont you try lifting some weights ? As heavy as you can manage around 3 or 4 times a week
    I think when you are small your muscles tone up quickly . Mine did !
  • kcmurai
    Options
    Wow i just read you bio and find you very inspiring. I am only 21 but i hope that when i am your age i am still fit and achieving such fantastic goals like you are. I will definitely try some lifting, i know that is super important when wanting to slim down. So i will try to incorporate that in as well. Thanks for the advice!
  • qtgonewild
    qtgonewild Posts: 1,930 Member
    Options
    I ve tracked my 5 week thingy and Yes mine was accurate. But not to say that it always would be or is for anyone else for that matter. But the one time I actually put in in my calendar with the weight, it was correct. good luck.
  • kcmurai
    Options
    Thanks! I am really new to this and need all the insight i can get. Good luck to you as well!
  • getabsbysummer
    getabsbysummer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    6896c7b4-6fcb-4856-8b21-bc221903f212_zps198b59e2.jpg

I completely believe you can attain this if you start NOW

I just finished month 2 of the INSANITY program yesterday, and this is my progress in just 4.5 weeks (I took an extra couple days off)
    I stuck to MyFitnessPal and continued working out, as well as added weights in at night (weights were what actually made the scale move!). But I only did weights the last 7 days of month 2.
    The difference between the beginning and the end of the pictures is only 3.8 pounds :)

Just commit, cheat once a week, and take pictures so you don't get discouraged.

Also I am just under 5'3" for reference.
  • kcmurai
    Options
    Wow you look awesome girl! Thanks for the motivation! I definitely am gonna need it. Its so crazy how every POUND muscle or fat makes a difference on us petite girls. Keep it up and thanks for the advice!
  • sessik86
    sessik86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I was exactly the same. I am 5'0'' and in March I weighed 115 - 117 lbs. I had a break up and wanted to get back down to 100 - 105lbs. Right now, I am 104 lbs. I just started going to the gym so to get down to this weight didn't involve exercise. In the kitchen, I would buy a rotisserie chicken a lot and eat that for dinner with some veggies and the rest I would make a big homemade soup to last a few days. Crockpot soups are awesome bc they are low cal and easy to grab or take to work. And for sandwiches, I would take a piece of 100% whole wheat bread and cut it in half and make a deli sandwich with mayo made with olive oil or a peanut butter sandwich. When I have a craving, I will eat popcorn or I buy a bag of dark chocolate morsels (tollhouse is good) and I eat like 10 of them to get my chocolate craving out of the way. I also drink light chocolate soy milk for that chocolate craving. But if you are exercising too, that should help accelerate weight loss.
  • kcmurai
    Options
    Thats so awesome! And exactly the advice I need. I hope i am as successful as you were. I know losing weight is a process and it can take a gradual change. But im really hoping if i make some major changes that i can achieve my goal quicker. I will definitely remember the crock pot soup idea! You gave some really great tips especially since i am a Huge chocolate lover as well. Thank you so much!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!