October Walking Challenge 2013

Options
This is continued from previous Walking Challenges, but it’s nice when each month has its own thread.

*** Anyone can join in at any time. The more the merrier, let’s keep each other motivated****

Walking seems like the easiest way to start getting exercise, and even if you can't track distance (or don't want to), tracking time is good too...go for a 10 min walk after dinner, or up it to 30 minutes, you'll be amazed at the end of the month how much more exercise your getting in. :)

Check in everyday with how far you walked or how long, this is just to motivate us to get in at least some exercise every day, and keep an eye on each other.

I want to try to keep this mostly to walking or walking type exercising. Treadmills and elliptical are A-OK.

Hope to see some more faces in this challenge; we'll start tracking October 1st.

Replies

• CricketKate
    CricketKate Posts: 3,657 Member
    Options
    I did a 5 mile Leslie Sansone walk this morning.
  • Jmoss4852
    Jmoss4852 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I'm joining in on this. I lost a TON of weight in high school through mainly walking and good eating. I've gained about 20lbd back and think it's time for me to go back to basics instead of jumping on every exercise bandwagon. Heading out for an hour long walk in a few! :)
  • CocoaCharm
    CocoaCharm Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I did a Leslie Sansone DVD this morning for about 35 minutes completing a two mile walk.
  • daveinlancs
    daveinlancs Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Here I am again, failed last month to top 100 miles which is worst record sine June 2012. I am waiting to see a consultant to agree treatment for my arthritic hips but need to try to up the distances.

October running total 0.62 miles

01/10 - 0.62 a restful day after a busy weekend
    02/01 -
  • Boulder2655
    Options
    Count me in. Just starting out. My goal for October is 50 miles just walking.....
    Here we go!
  • carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've a fitbit which monitors how far i walk. It seems to have me averaging around 6 miles a day so in October i'd like to get that average up to 8 miles!

Yesterday i did 7.09 miles
  • CricketKate
    Options
    5 miles with Leslie Sansone this morning.

10/1:5 miles
    10/2:5 miles
  • smwright20
    smwright20 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am in!!! I am starting this again, so I think that this will be an easy way to get back into the swing of things!
  • mbowers1983
    mbowers1983 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Will start tonight!
  • Taylorm842
    Taylorm842 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    cool challenge I AM IN !!! ADD me as a friend fellow walkers ! always looking for motivation !
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Okay, I want to give this a try. I have a fitbit so it tracks everything so I'm going to say I want to exceed 80 miles by the end of October!

edited to add...that means starting today I'm at 4.58. Tomorrow will be tough to get even that much in so we'll see if my goal is attainable.
  • Xtinesky
    Xtinesky Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Walking is my main exercise so count me in!

Oct 1 - 7.54 kms (4 miles 12)
    Oct 2 - 7.50 kms (4 miles 11)
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I will join again but will only post my walking as I do
    other exercises on the other days. :bigsmile:
  • hbmcracer
    hbmcracer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I want to get 100 miles in October, of extra walking not counting walking around during work, or at home I don't track that at all. Although I would be interested in how much I actually walk all day. I use the cardio trainer app on my phone to track my walking and don't like the pedometer feature so I only use it outside with the GPS.

1 - 3 miles
    2 - 5.5 miles
    3 - 3.2 miles

So far 11.6 (lol the individual days in cardio trainer are above, but it rounded differently for the total.)
  • carolinetayloruk
    carolinetayloruk Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    Doing well so far.

Yesterday was 9.08 miles and today 11.5 miles.
  • CricketKate
    Options
    5 miles on the dreadmill this morning.

10/1:5 miles
    10/2:5 miles
    10/3:5 miles
  • Xtinesky
    Xtinesky Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Oct 1 - 7.54 kms (4 miles 12)
    Oct 2 - 7.50 kms (4 miles 11)
    Oct 3 - 7.91 kms (4 miles 91)
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    ...that means starting today I'm at 4.58. Tomorrow will be tough to get even that much in so we'll see if my goal is attainable.

Today I'm adding 3.73, total so far this month 8.31
  • hbmcracer
    hbmcracer Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    1 - 3 miles
    2 - 5.5 miles
    3 - 3.2 miles
    4 - 2.27 miles

So far 13.9
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options