MFP Runner's Club July 16

Options

Replies

• buckeyebabe
    buckeyebabe Posts: 235
    Options
    Hi all! Great job on the runs today! I managed to push out 4.5 miles but it wasn't fun...the humidity is really high here as well and I was running on a treadmill in my basement. It's amazing but you can still feel the difference in the air even in doors in A/C; perhaps because I have asthma. With my asthma, I find myself having a harder time breathing and running in this type of weather regardless of where I am.

My pulmonary Dr. told me a long time ago that it's healthier to be wise...in other words run in the cooler weather and out of the sun you won't be putting as much stress on your heart or other internal organs (due to possible dehydration). She agreed that you will burn more calories in the high heat but you usually can't go as far as usual and you really shouldn't because you are putting an extra stress on your body by trying.

Have a great day all!
    Janene
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

I can't believe it, I beat 20 minutes today and jogged for 22 minutes straight. :noway: I just can't believe I am doing this. I have never been able to jog longer than 2 minutes :laugh:

I did 30 minutes of cario, and burned 480 calories! :bigsmile:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

I can't believe it, I beat 20 minutes today and jogged for 22 minutes straight. :noway: I just can't believe I am doing this. I have never been able to jog longer than 2 minutes :laugh:

Great job, Lina!!!! :drinker:

Jared would be proud! :laugh:
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

You are doing so great!!
    Running is so great for so many reason but I think the best one is how quickly you can improve!!

Way to go!! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • lina1131
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

Great job, Lina!!!! :drinker:

Jared would be proud! :laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

You will be happy to know that I have downgraded from a Footlong Turkey to a Footlong Veggie Delite! :bigsmile: Those mother truckers are so damn good. I only have it once a week though. :sad:
  • lina1131
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

You are doing so great!!
    Running is so great for so many reason but I think the best one is how quickly you can improve!!

My husband is convinced that jogging is going to break my body apart. He said it is going to mess my knees up, my back, and i'm going to get veins all over my legs. :noway: He told me to do the elliptical. :sick:

I told him to calm the hell down. I have always known that joggers are in the best shape. I'm not stopping anyways, i'm going to be one of you soon. I'm going to jog my little heart away! :bigsmile:
  • StrawberryMargarita
    Options
    Good Afternoon Everyone!

You are doing so great!!

My husband is convinced that jogging is going to break my body apart. He said it is going to mess my knees up, my back, and i'm going to get veins all over my legs. :noway: He told me to do the elliptical. :sick:

I told him to calm the hell down. I have always known that joggers are in the best shape. I'm not stopping anyways, i'm going to be one of you soon. I'm going to jog my little heart away! :bigsmile:

Running actually helps my veins. I got a lot of them when I went under treatment and put on some weight, but since I have only been running again for about 3 weeks, they are starting to go away. I didn't think that would happen, but it is true. I am so happy about it to, I thought I was going to have to get them sucked out and pay for it myself because they weren't big enough to be considered needed.
    You go Girl,
    SM
  • Mireille
    Mireille Posts: 5,134 Member
    Options
    Lina,

My hubby says that too sometimes. I tell him that I'm smart enough to know to stop if my knees or other parts of my body start to hurt. Then I will take appropriate action. For me, especially since I've lost 20lbs, things don't hurt anymore (knock on wood).
    Hell, I had veins on my legs before I started to run so that isn't the only way to get veins. lol
    You keep running girl, you are doing so great and we will always be here to motivate you! :heart:
  • AlbertSchwartz
    Options
    i went out for my run at 9pm, it was great. I'm in my 3rd week of running so am still crap. I'm running a 2 mil course, so monitoring my time and cals burned... I shaved 3 minutes of my time today :happy:

I'll stick to the same course this week then change to a 3 mil next week :wink:
  • jdtrainer
    jdtrainer Posts: 160
    Options
    Way to go runners!

Today is my 54th birthday so I ran 54 laps at the gym which is 5.4 miles. I was feeling pretty lazy so I started out at a slow pace but then began to feel better and picked it up.. The .1 mi. track is boring but it beats fighting the heat.
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    I don't know where to put this...But I ran for 70 minutes doing running laps in the pool today after doing outside running! YEY ME!!!

I just don't know how to figure out the calories burned. :sad:
  • PrincessLaundry
    PrincessLaundry Posts: 2,758 Member
    Options
    Way to go runners!

Today is my 54th birthday so I ran 54 laps at the gym which is 5.4 miles. I was feeling pretty lazy so I started out at a slow pace but then began to feel better and picked it up.. The .1 mi. track is boring but it beats fighting the heat.

Happy birthday friend!!! YEY YOU on the GREAT run!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to posting, and hoping to join your little runner's club.

Just a little background on me - I've been running for about 8 months now. So far I've participated in 3 5K, and I'm training for a 5-miler in August and my first 10K in September. Running is definitely the secret in my weight loss. I started out about 175 lbs. and I'm down to 135 lbs. now, and holding steady. I would like to lose an extra 5-10, but I'm pretty satisfied with where I am at. So...enough blabbering about that...

Today, as soon as hubby gets home - which should be any minute - I'm off for a 5-mile run.

I look forward to getting to know each of you. Looks like you are a fun, motivated group!
  • jpritts
    jpritts Posts: 36
    Options
    I came down with an upper respiratory illness. I have not been able to run the past 4 days. I am down 25 Lbs. my weight is maintaining, I have not gained any back, but dang I want to run. Tommorrow I am going at least 1 mile no matter what. I do not want to fall back into the "old" me. I have lost 25 Lbs, and have 14 more to go.
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I came down with an upper respiratory illness. I have not been able to run the past 4 days. I am down 25 Lbs. my weight is maintaining, I have not gained any back, but dang I want to run. Tommorrow I am going at least 1 mile no matter what. I do not want to fall back into the "old" me. I have lost 25 Lbs, and have 14 more to go.

Yiikes! I understand about wanting to get back to running, but make sure you're feeling okay first!

Welcome to the group! :flowerforyou:
  • christina31
    christina31 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Way to go runners!

Happy birthday!!! :drinker:
  • christina31
    Options

Maintaining the weightloss is important, but not at the risk of your health! Just be sure to watch your calories while you aren't able to exercise, but be sure to give your body rest if it needs it. Get better soon!!
    :heart: Christina
  • christina31
    Options
    Hi everyone!

I'm new to posting, and hoping to join your little runner's club.

Just a little background on me - I've been running for about 8 months now. So far I've participated in 3 5K, and I'm training for a 5-miler in August and my first 10K in September. Running is definitely the secret in my weight loss. I started out about 175 lbs. and I'm down to 135 lbs. now, and holding steady. I would like to lose an extra 5-10, but I'm pretty satisfied with where I am at. So...enough blabbering about that...

Today, as soon as hubby gets home - which should be any minute - I'm off for a 5-mile run.

I look forward to getting to know each of you. Looks like you are a fun, motivated group!

Welcome!:flowerforyou:

:heart: Christina
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    Ok all you runners. I finished my second 5k about 2 hours ago. I am a little dissappointed with my time. I didn't beat my time for my first 5k. I was about a minute slower. I would like to blame it on the heat, humidity, and bootcamp at 5:30 am this morning. :laugh: I don't know if that is right the thing to do but I have to blame someone or something! I cannot blame myself. I am sure the next 5k we do, the weather will not cooperate as well so I will try to improve my time. Running again tomorrow at 5:30.
  • food_junkie
    food_junkie Posts: 434
    Options
    You know...as much as I have come to LOVE running...I can't help but to notice how much more hungry I am later on in the day after I run in the morning. On my rest days however, I don't feel that way.
    Anyone else experience this?