How much Do YOU workout ?

Options
i do 30 min of cardio twice a day and weights for 45 min everyday . How long are your workouts , how many days a week ? Just curious

Replies

• WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    That seems rather excessive.

I work out 5-6 days a week for 30-100 min.
  • GymRatGirl13
    GymRatGirl13 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Lift for approximately 80 minutes, 4 days a week. Cardio1-2 times a week for 30 minutes, or mountain bike for 90 minutes or so a few times a week in place of cardio.
  • kajunkutey
    Options
    I cant seem to get cardio in there but I have been doing about 45 to an hour of weights about 5 or 6 days a week :-)
  • mikeykhan2003
    Options
    I weight train for around 40 minutes 3 times a week (4 weeks into 5x5 strong lifts) , and I swim for either 20 minutes (sprints) or an hour (laps) for an hour or so 3-4 times a week.
  • jsjp
    jsjp Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I walk/run on treadmill 5 or 6 days a week for 30-45 minutes each time. I am getting ready to start lifting weights in a few weeks when things slow down, then I will probably cut out some of the treadmill.
  • born2drum
    born2drum Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    weight train 5-6 days a week for 45-60min and cardo 2-3 times per week for 20-25 min max.
  • MityMax96
    MityMax96 Posts: 5,778 Member
    Options
    1 day - Flip tires, and push sled
    4 days of weights.
    45 - 60 min.
    Only cardio I get is from the tire flips and sleds.
  • dutchieee0212
    Options
    dance class 3 days a week, cardio 2-3 times a week for 60 minutes each and weights 2-3 times a week for like 30 minutes each
  • running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Run 3-4 times a week, one long, one fast, 2 easy. Strength/ circuits 2/3 times a week (1 hour). Walking with very heavy double buggy 60-90 mins a day (got to walk that dog!)
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I have etched in stone circuit training for 30 minutes Monday Wednesday and Friday. In between those days I might do 30 or more minutes of walking if it is available.. I was walking everyday with my toddler, but we had an incident a few days ago two minutes into our walking the neighborhood... the stroller support bar on the bottom snapped, and the stroller collapsed with her in it... we abandoned the stroller and walked home! Thankfully she is okay.. we are looking for another stroller to begin walking again. We live in Arizona where it is hot and it is just now starting to cool off.. PERFECT walking weather! :) In the mean time, I am doing aerobics for 30 minutes or dancing.. anything to get the heart going :)
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    about 3-4 times a week for about 30-45 minutes. 2-3 of those are strength training, the other one - two are hikes, bike rides, etc (cardio)

I don't have the energy for any more than that, LOL
  • Brandonalex15
    Brandonalex15 Posts: 101 Member
    Options

No , just dedication ..
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    This week it has been 30-60mins of cardio 3 days, kettlebell circuits 40-60mins 3 days plus walking 2 miles with kids 3 days and thats all. Iv hit 310mins of exercise without the walking added and thats my goal for the next few weeks.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I'm currently doing nothing as I recover from an over-training injury. I should be back on track mid October and will be dialing it down a notch. It's really easy to overtrain and it finally caught up to me after a year or so of this. So far my re-vamped regimen is looking like this:

Monday: Maintenance Run (3 miles)
    Tuesday: Weight Training (45-60 minutes)
    Wednesday: 60 minutes cycling; EZ pace miles (~ 15 miles)
    Thursday: Weight Training (45-60 minutes)
    Friday: REST
    Saturday: Cyclocross/Cross Country cycling (45-60 minutes); this includes a lot of sprinting as well as trail tech
    Sunday: Weight Training (45 - 60 minutes)

For the last few months, I've really let things get out of hand and have neglected to follow my own advise I give to others about overtraining. I was doing stupid crap like going for a 3-5 mile run in the morning, doing a ruck out with a 50 Lb weighted pack at lunch, and then hitting the gym to lift in the evenings...or taking in a run at lunch and then hitting the cyclocross course in the evening...stuff like that, just over doing it and pushing myself way to hard and wasn't giving myself any rest days whatsoever...a typical rest day for me usually constituted at least a 20 mile ride on my bike...that isn't "rest." Now I'm paying the piper.
  • adiggs2777
    adiggs2777 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Right now I do about 30 minutes of cardio four days a week. I do weights for another 45 or so minutes twice a week. I hope to up both of those - five days of cardio, three days of weights but. baby steps!
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options

No , just dedication ..
    i prefer to eat less than work out more. But some people enjoy food or working out. I enjoy sleep. I am dedicated to sleep, so I am dedicated to eating less so I don't have to use my time working out quite as much.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options

No , just dedication ..

Not really.... Want a cookie?
  • Pulka_Dot
    Pulka_Dot Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I do cardio (30-45 minutes) 6 days a week, and strength training 5 of those days.
  • laele75
    laele75 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I have fibromyalgia and severe arthritis in one knee, so my workouts are a bit more sedate than most of yours. I do twenty minutes of yoga every morning and have a two days on, one day off routine of biking for 45 minutes.
  • TheEffort
    TheEffort Posts: 1,028 Member
    Options
    My workouts are between 45 minutes to 60 minutes...6 days a week.

Consisting of 4 days strength / resistance workouts and 2 days cardio workouts.

:bigsmile: