Post hysterectomy

Options
Having trouble losing or keeping weight off despite strict diet and workouts!

Replies

• healthyplans
    healthyplans Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Having trouble losing or keeping weight off despite strict diet and workouts!

How long has it been since your surgery?
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    No, but I still have my ovaries, so that may be why.
  • kajunkutey
    Options
    december of 2012 and I had gained not being able to exercise for a bit and it just seems impossible to get rid of now.
  • kajunkutey
    Options
    I have ovaries also.
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

Apparently this poster doesn't know what a hysterectomy is. And not sure this was an attempt at humor, but.... fail.

OP, no constructive advice from me here but bumping for other opinions!
  • 3foldchord
    Options
    I had a longer recovery than expected (surgery complications and medicine sensitivities) so. I couldn't exercise, but also could eat much , so I guess it evened out in that regard.
    I was 40 and used the slower method of losing half a pound a week. It worked for me, was slower obviously, but it' staying off. (I wouldn't mind losing 5 more # but am also happy where I am, so I am just kinda cruising now. Now just concerned with health, nutrition, fitness.)
  • bhsishtla
    bhsishtla Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    Me too....working very hard , the results are very slowwwww , but I am not going to give up ..Let it take its own time,to reach the target.
  • kajunkutey
    Options
    Me too....working very hard , the results are very slowwwww , but I am not going to give up ..Let it take its own time,to reach the target.

Yes not giving up here either!
  • kcvance
    kcvance Posts: 103 Member
    Options

Apparently this poster doesn't know what a hysterectomy is. And not sure this was an attempt at humor, but.... fail.

A hysterectomy is technically the removal of the uterus and sometimes the cervix (also called a total hysterectomy). Removal of the ovaries is an oophorectomy. Sometimes these surgeries are performed at the same time, but they are not the same surgery...

So, yes, the OP does actually know what a hysterectomy is. The fail is on you...
  • rockingthechange
    rockingthechange Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I am having a radical hysterectomy in a few weeks. Terrified that weight loss will come to a screeching halt. The movement and exercise restrictions scare me. Would love to hear what has worked for others. I know I am not supposed to lift but I was thinking of using light hand weights while in bed. I have no idea what to expect!
  • jess7386
    jess7386 Posts: 477 Member
    Options

A hysterectomy is technically the removal of the uterus and sometimes the cervix (also called a total hysterectomy). Removal of the ovaries is an oophorectomy. Sometimes these surgeries are performed at the same time, but they are not the same surgery...

So, yes, the OP does actually know what a hysterectomy is. The fail is on you...

I think you missed the point.....
  • 3foldchord
    Options

Many times, I read people saying they had a hysterectomy - (only calling it a hysterectomy not specifying they also had an oophorectomy - including their ovaries removed ) and ask about difficulty in weight loss due to their procedure (which may possibly be attributed to the change in hormones) . I was unsure of the OP meant the basic hysterectomy or if they also had their ovaries removed, since so few people use the specific term oophorectomy in conjunction with the hysterectomy when asking this question.

So sorry for the confusion.
  • kajunkutey
    Options
    Well thanks ladies, I am trying not to get discouraged and just wanted to see who else out there was feeling this way ;-)
  • Alymom2008
    Alymom2008 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I had my surgery in Feb of this year. Kept my ovaries too. I've never had to struggle with my weight like this. I gained about 10 lbs and it is really hard to lose now, no matter how much I work out and count calories. It's super frustrating!
  • jak1958
    jak1958 Posts: 82 Member
    Options

You don't know what you are talking about.. there are TWO types of hysterectomies - partial and complete.... they are both hysterectomies...Educate yourself