Replies

• iamanadult
    iamanadult Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Korean is basically Caucasian.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    lol @ Texas and other southern states. they just cant let the racism go.

for example this Georgia town that had their first integrated prom in 2013!!!!

"Fast forward to today, and here I am heading three hours down the highway from Atlanta to Wilcox County, Ga., where students there are holding their first integrated prom."

do your best to ignore them.
  • BaconSlanger
    BaconSlanger Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Korean is basically Caucasian.

lmfao, what?
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    I don't know if it is just where I live or what, but I get the weirdest looks from people sometimes when I am with my boyfriend. He is Korean while I am white. I have dated a Hispanic before and no one would even bat an eye. I guess maybe because where I am living (Texas) you don't see too many people from the Asian descent? I don't know. I was just wondering what y'all's thoughts on it were. It's interesting to me to hear people's views. I honestly do not care where the person comes from, or looks, just as long as I am happy - and I am so very happy and in love.

I stuck a knife in a man's crotch in Bradenton, FL because he commented about how my wife was the right color to be his maid.

Lot of people have views on it when they aren't qualified for the commentary. Screw em. What is good for you is all that matters.
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    Why would you care?

To be honest, even if somebody did have a problem with it on here, it's not like they're going to admit it.

Not even racists like being called a racist.
  • BaconSlanger
    Options
    lol @ Texas and other southern states. they just cant let the racism go.

for example this Georgia town that had their first integrated prom in 2013!!!!

"Fast forward to today, and here I am heading three hours down the highway from Atlanta to Wilcox County, Ga., where students there are holding their first integrated prom."

do your best to ignore them.

WOW! That is soooo crazy, so sad too. That's terrible. These southern states man. >< It's crazy haha
  • chloecats
    chloecats Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I think it's a bit cruel to any children a couple might have, but that depends on where the person is and how integrated into one culture or another both parents are.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    Interracial relationships...are awesome. :)
  • Sovictorrious
    Sovictorrious Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    How dare you take all of our white women!

In for the white men!!!
  • BaconSlanger
    Options
    Why would you care?

To be honest, even if somebody did have a problem with it on here, it's not like they're going to admit it.

Not even racists like being called a racist.

Very good point sir. Very good.

And I only care because I like to hear what people say and pick at their brain at how they think. That's all. Lots of psychology classes and stuff like that.
  • rich347
    rich347 Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I encourage it interracial couples make hot women lol
  • kell2116
    kell2116 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Maybe their thinking you two make a cute couple :heart:

this is probably it - you two look super cute together!
  • WJZR
    WJZR Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    To each to his or her own choice. Mixed races, mixed ethnicity, same sex.... I don't care. Be with who makes you happy.
  • Laces_0ut
    Laces_0ut Posts: 3,750 Member
    Options
    I think it's a bit cruel to any children a couple might have, but that depends on where the person is and how integrated into one culture or another both parents are.

are you saying its cruel to have an interracial child?
  • just_Jennie1
    just_Jennie1 Posts: 1,233
    Options

wait.

What? :huh:

What about the white couple who adopt a child of another color or ethnicity. Do you feel the same way? Or the mixed couple who does the same?

I do believe you are the first one to post a negative view on the situation.
  • amaysngrace
    amaysngrace Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    I have been dating for a while now and I seem to get more white guys approaching me than I do black guys. I went out with my first white guy about 2 months ago, on a movie and dinner date. He was tall with a long brown ponytail. We got a few stares, while we were out, but nothing too disturbing. Now, I am talking to another white guy, who looks more Hispanic than he does white. I don't know, I guess it all depends on how well they treat you, not what they look like on the outside.
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    Sweetheart, I live in the Bay Area in California and all of my boyfriends have been outside of my race. My most recent ex and I were walking down the street, holding hands, with his parents on our way to dinner on the 4th of July when some man across the street started yelling obscene things at us. It's sad that people care so much about something that does not affect them at all. I've learned to just take it with a grain of salt and keep moving on. You can't let those people bring you down. Love is love.
  • anemoneprose
    anemoneprose Posts: 1,805 Member
    Options
    Thoughts on what? If the environment you're in is leading you to seek justification for your relationship on MFP, my thought is, you should move.

I'm not trying to seek justification. I'm not changing a damn thing on my side. Like I said in my post, I like to just see how people view different things. Everyone is different. It was just a curious thought I had for the day is all.

Sorry, didn't mean to make you feel attacked for wanting to feel ok about it, or trying to make sense of a possibly hostile environment. I can appreciate that. I'm just sorry you have to deal with it at all.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    My ex (just recently split, after 3 years together) was a different race than me and I got a lot of grief for it. I dated a guy in high school who was Filipino, and didn't receive and slack, but this last one a lot of people learned he was middle eastern and automatically assumed I was dating a terrorist.

He was born and raised here in the states, so an all around american. His parents and brother were born in Turkey. I didn't let it bug me (obviously, it was 3 years...)

As long as both of you are happy, who cares?
  • BaconSlanger
    Options
This discussion has been closed.