Replies

• nevergiveup51
    nevergiveup51 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I weighed 258 Jan this year I currently weigh 209
  • paomiamifl
    paomiamifl Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I have! 21 lbs. in the last 3 months! I started around 6 months ago at 225. Today my weigh in was 161.6
    What my husband and I have done is we've changed to eating in 8" plates, once a day. We have a coffee in the morning, IF we're hungry, maybe an egg or something small around 2pm, a coffee around 3, dinner no later than 530pm. I have to work at 630 until around 10pm, so eating after work would not only be too late, but totally wake us up! 0.0
    We're not dieting, simply eating EVERYTHING homemade AND from scratch, as little preservatives as possible.
    I realize our methods may not be the most orthodox, but it's working for us! I'm wheelchair-bound and so "exercising" at a gym, or running, or swimming is not an option in my life. Reducing the amount of calories I was consuming was something I really needed to do for my health and because I'm not as mobile as I wish I could be.
    My husband isn't disabled but just by reducing his intake, he's gone from 226 to 184.6 (today's weigh-in)

We've made a 180-degree change in our lives and lifestyle. We're happier! :)

I wish you much success! A book that changed how we view food, how and on WHAT we eat it was "the 9-inch diet" highly recommend it!
  • snailrunner
    snailrunner Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I started at a BMI of 24 and lost 21lbs in less than three months. I used the treadmill and cross trainer about 3-4 times a week, used MFP to track all my food/drink, weighed daily, and used 5:2, sticking to TDEE on non-fast days and going over when I fancied as I 'banked' my exercise cals for when I wanted to eat out etc. I started this on Feb 21st and had lost the weight by May 6th. Since then I've lost another 6lbs and kept it off easily. My BMI now is about 19.3 and I run 10 miles comfortably, and have reduced my 5k and 10k times lower than they've ever been. I'm 45 btw.
  • LINDA230LINDA
    Options
    Just wanted to say, well done for your success :)
    You have inspired me to take up exercise!
  • LINDA230LINDA
    Options
    You are inspirational. Well done :)
  • DaddyDave101
    DaddyDave101 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    I did, but I was obese. The less you weigh, the slower weight loss is.

Agree with this. Ive lost 35 in less than 3 but My body fat was 32% and diet was awful.

Good luck
  • DUCKIEGYRL
    DUCKIEGYRL Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Yes I lost more but I was very obese when I did it.
  • sm1zzle
    sm1zzle Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Just try it OP.

Worst that can happen is that you fail and lose 10-15.
  • hstoblish
    hstoblish Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I did, but I went from being at the top of my "overweight" range, to just above "healthy" in 3 months. Now I'm in the healthy weight range for my height (I know BMI has it's problems, but I'm not a special snowflake so I think it's a pretty good measure for me), and my weight loss has been slowing. It'll continue to taper off as I make it closer to the weight my body wants to stabilize at.
  • Snicolej
    Snicolej Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    I have lost 22 pounds in just over two month but I have plenty to lose ! It's not healthy to drop weight quickly so eat less then you burn and the weight will leave !
  • lknjohnson
    lknjohnson Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Happyme2009
    Happyme2009 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I did.
    See my avatar. First pic 151lbs. Second pic `129 lbs. Started in Jan. 2013..... by April I was in maintenance. I have been maintaining since then... plus/minus 4 lbs. up and down.....
    I did exercise regularly and ate clean, with Sat. and Sun. as "cheating" day and ate whatever I wanted.
  • perez2234
    Options
    Yes it's very possible, I workout everyday doing t25 and in only a 3 weeks I'm down 16 pounds I cut out all junk food and only eat healthy foods my body fat was 21% though
  • kk_140
    kk_140 Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I got 25 pounds down in roughly 3 months. Maybe a few days shy of three months. Keep in mind though, I was not at 15% body fat, I don't know what my starting and current body fat % is, but I know it is not 15!

2yv2c8h.png
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    I lost 24 lbs. in roughly 2 months, with many more to go!
  • Drezgirl
    Drezgirl Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    What did you eat on a daily basis?
  • rollng_thundr
    rollng_thundr Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    What did you eat on a daily basis?

1600 Calorie intake, Dr. Oz - Low Glycemic index foods with smoothies, juiced veggies and lots of chicken and fish.

Worked out daily (as much as possible) for 1 - 1 1/2 hours.

Got outside and hiked.
  • ek0513
    ek0513 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I lost 20 lbs in three months. I started at 185 and am now at like 163. Started in january.
  • skittlesnhoney
    skittlesnhoney Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Wow, this was a very old post...
  • Booksandbeaches
    Booksandbeaches Posts: 1,791 Member
    Options
    Yes it's very possible, I workout everyday doing t25 and in only a 3 weeks I'm down 16 pounds I cut out all junk food and only eat healthy foods my body fat was 21% though

Why did you bump a thread that's nearly 8 months old?
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!