Look at this visual 250 lb woman vs 120 lb woman (pic)

Options

Replies

• ash8184
    ash8184 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Wow - really shows where the extra weight goes. I can't imagine what an almost 400lb woman would look like (where I used to be). Puts a whole new perspective on the stress that's put on joints and muscles.
  • kell2116
    kell2116 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Powerful visual - thanks for sharing!
  • Jaydensmommy7110
    Options
    looking at this picture and realizing wow I was there I was at that point....thats scary to visually see where I was at I've now lost 40 pounds and feel far more better than I had at that weight and I'm still going I'm not quite at "healthy" weight yet but I'm doing better than I was thank you for this post it's a real eye opener to keep me going!
  • DamePiglet
    DamePiglet Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    Anyone else find this a little bit painful to look at?

When I first started losing weight I was 256. Wow!

Yes. I find it very painful. Not as much for myself (I'm not at goal yet, but I will be), but for my mom. :(((( I know she's far heavier than that. As much as we've tried to help, we can't make her decide to change.
    I feel helpless.
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I honestly think people dislike obesity being referred to as a disease due to the societal discrimination and shaming of obese individuals. Consider what you said here:
    However, many disagree with the AMA's definition, citing that obesity is a complex issue with multiple causes and treatment options.

The same could be said about lupus, but ya don't hear people saying it isn't a disease.
  • waltersro2012
    waltersro2012 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    &h=364&w=500&sz=20&tbnid=xxm7Gy0P2fKJ_M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=124&zoom=1&usg=__CvLHuFtE1DJ3FQGWdY7WzBL22KU=&docid=nO-UT8zInz5aVM&sa=X&ei=coJMUrLVAYrXygHIxoGwCg&ved=0CDcQ9QEwAg
  • lorigem
    lorigem Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    "Big and beautiful" sure does have a new meaning, doesn't it? Nothing on that woman on the left looks "beautiful". I knew a woman who was happy to maintain her 220+ figure. Why?!

I've always wanted to lose weight for aesthetic reasons. This totally bumped that mindset into wanting to accomplish my goals for health reasons. Absolutely jaw-dropping image.
  • AlysonG2
    AlysonG2 Posts: 713 Member
    Options
    Bump for inspiration.
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    I'm an MRI Technologist and I see images similar to this on a daily basis. Another interesting view is the sagittal plane which is a side view. You can see in cross section the fat in the abdomen and back. There are days when all of my patients are over 220 pounds. I think overweight people get hurt and/or sick more often.

This is my first day back on MFP because I am starting to look like my patients.
  • gennyv1979
    gennyv1979 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    This is insane! Makes me realize that I've got a long way to go :/
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    The most jaw dropping part of this photo is the shoulders/arms to me. It's like they are consistently like this " / | \ ".
  • fuji1010
    fuji1010 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this post! I wanted to go to the community center and do a swim workout tonight. I was feeling tired so I thought about skipping it. After looking at the photo I'm leaving now!!!!

Joe
  • Bry_Fitness70
    Bry_Fitness70 Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • peacefulsong
    peacefulsong Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I started out at 325 pounds. I'm down about 50 pounds but still heavier than this and it's kind of freaking me out. Think I'll go downstairs and hit the elliptical tonight after all...
  • mitzvahmom78
    mitzvahmom78 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Very enlightening. That visual is seared into my brain now. I'll be able to call it up when I need the extra willpower to say "no."

My thoughts exactly. I will remember this picture when I'm tempted to overeat.
  • WJS_jeepster
    WJS_jeepster Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I was nibbling at a cookie and put it right down when this came up. Yikes
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Wow... idont know why but i feel like throwing up after seeing the amount of fat stored coz im most likely carrying that same fat around! My poor organs and body hmph -_-
  • fuji1010
    fuji1010 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was nibbling at a cookie and put it right down when this came up. Yikes

OMG That's great!!!!

Joe
  • FlabFighter86
    FlabFighter86 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Quite a shocker.
  • running_free_1984
    running_free_1984 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    The comparison between the livers is also quite shocking.