Seriously doing it this time!

Options
Hi guys,

This is my first time on the forums for MFP, but I have been using the app on my phone on and off for a while. My weight has always been a serious problem for me. I have always been significantly obese (although quite active for my size, even now) and have always yo-yoed up and down. I would attempt to lose weight, succeed a little, slip up and then give up.

This time is different. I have already been seriously at it since August. I have added in exercise and have tried to drastically change my diet. I am finally doing it!

I clocked in mid august at 503 lbs. As of this am, I am down to 479.2. I have a long way to go but at least it is start!

I am eating around 1800 calories daily. I know this is low for my weight, but I was at the doctor earlier this month and she okayed it and was happy with my success thus far.

I am glad that I finally have joined the forums on mfp and will be able to find support from others who are working on their weight loss journey!

Replies

• NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yay you!! Almost 25 pounds is awesome!!! I am doing okay with calorie count but struggling with the exercise bit. I am too deflated by the end of the work day, and hate getting up early. I'm going to bed earlier tonight to see if I can get up a bit earlier tomorrow to get in a good walk before work.

I just started posting on forums also, and have been using the phone app for not quite 2 weeks.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you. I know you can do this. There is plenty of motivation on this site that will help you along the way.
  • JazmineYoli
    JazmineYoli Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Your profile says you're down to 179.2. Is it 179 or 479??
  • srogers89
    srogers89 Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You have made such an excellent start to your journey :) stay strong and keep at it!
  • just4nessa
    just4nessa Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your progress so far and welcome to the forums. I started using only the phone app with great success but once I started poking around in the forums, I've made some great friends and picked up a lot of helpful information. I've exceeded my goal using MFP and am eating at maintenance right now, but would love to cheer you on and celebrate your successes... sending a friend request your way. :flowerforyou:
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your loss so far! Keep it up and keep us all updated.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    You can do it. Just keep on, keepin on. Don't give up. Give yourself the time to get it done right. The time will pass anyway. Just focus on the healthy losses with it. It will pass much quicker than you think. :flowerforyou:

Best of luck!!
  • horselo285
    horselo285 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Thank you so so much everyone! I know it will take time and effort to get to a healthy weight, but I really think I can do it this time! I was actually excited to exercise tonight! That is definitely another first for me!
    Your profile says you're down to 179.2. Is it 179 or 479??

Woops! Thanks for catching that! Wishful thinking I guess. :) lol
  • jamaica111
    jamaica111 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    you can do it. seriously. i have already loss 3.8 lbs.
  • horselo285
    Options
    Yay you!! Almost 25 pounds is awesome!!! I am doing okay with calorie count but struggling with the exercise bit. I am too deflated by the end of the work day, and hate getting up early. I'm going to bed earlier tonight to see if I can get up a bit earlier tomorrow to get in a good walk before work.

I just started posting on forums also, and have been using the phone app for not quite 2 weeks.

I feel your pain! I am actually not working that much right now as I am back in college full time and taking care of my two kids. I am only working one day a week, but after work, my energy is just gone!

I have found that riding a stationary exercise bike works well for me. I do the weight loss setting on it which does interval levels. I have been pushing myself to up my speed and starting level. It was tough at first but has really gotten easier. The other day, I went to a fair with my children. We parked pretty far away but instead of taking the shuttle bus, I forced myself to walk there, walk around the fair and then walk back to the car. There were a TON of hills and I was exhausted. My legs did not work for two days, but I am so glad I got through it! I know it will only get easier if I push!

Congrats on your weight loss journey! :)
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    [/quote]

I am actually not working that much right now as I am back in college full time and taking care of my two kids. I am only working one day a week, but after work, my energy is just gone!

[/quote]

Wow! Give yourself some credit! Full time school, 2 kids, and a part time job. Suddenly I feel lazy! lol
  • horselo285
    Options

I am actually not working that much right now as I am back in college full time and taking care of my two kids. I am only working one day a week, but after work, my energy is just gone!

Wow! Give yourself some credit! Full time school, 2 kids, and a part time job. Suddenly I feel lazy! lol

LOL Don't! My classes are online, so while they are emotionally exhausting they aren't physically hard at all. But they are much more convenient with my boys. I can get work done when they are otherwise occupied and be here when they need me. :)