Chocolate Cravings!!

Options

Replies

• TammyK777
    TammyK777 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    If you're anywhere close to a Trader Joe's, get a container of their peanut butter cups. Taste like (imho better than) Reese's without the complete junk that's in Reese's. They're the size of the mini Reese's cups. You get 3 for 180 calories! :) I always keep a tub of them in my fridge.

If it's any help, I'm finding that as I'm improving my eating I'm craving chocolate less and less.

gonna have to get some of those, they sound yummy! I <3 Trader Joe's!
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    Everyday around 3pm I have chocolate cravings and they are SUPER bad.... until I give in and go get me some chocolate!! Usually a Reese's Peanut Butter Cup (well 2 :( )

How do I get passed this?!?!? It's everyday!! and it's like I'm starving for chocolate to the point I can smell it before I get it!! And I don't want to continue eating it everyday... if it wasn't for this hurdle my eating would be great!!!

How do you overcome this? When does it become easier?
    Just work it into your goal for the day and enjoy your chocolate! :)
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    Keep a container of chocolate whey powder at work. Mix up a shake to satisfy the craving and get some nutrition ta' boot.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    OP, are you calories at a reasonable deficit? If not, it will be harder to fit in a little chocolate.
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    If I crave it, I have it

I can make anything fit into my day
  • SeriousBen
    SeriousBen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    These (for some reason they are 60 calories in Canada but 70 calories in the US?). Anyway, they taste exactly like the real thing and will do the job pretty well.

US:
    ndtrae.jpg

Canada:
    35jc7me.jpg
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 879 Member
    Options
    Love my Jell-o sugar-free dark chocolate pudding snack pack...have on almost everyday and only 60 cals!
  • KellyJannine
    KellyJannine Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    dark chocolate almonds!!! or chocolate protein powder and peanut butter :)
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    These (for some reason they are 60 calories in Canada but 70 calories in the US?). Anyway, they taste exactly like the real thing and will do the job pretty well.

It's the exchange rate.
  • kimtab
    kimtab Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I just eat it. I like dark chocolate and have found that I am capable of having one square of a chocolate bar so when I want it, thats what I do. About 40 calories.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

It's the exchange rate.
    No it's just that it gets lost in translation. Not everything can translate directly from one language to another.
  • JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    I eat chocolate (real chocolate, not substitutes) every day, and I'm ok with that. My overall diet is very balanced and gives me the nutrients I need. I enjoy chocolate, so I eat it. No problems.
  • Fragilebird24
    Fragilebird24 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I buy a large bar of dark chocolate and eat a square of it when I get a chocolate craving OR, I have Lindt Lindor Truffles around, which are around 74 calories a piece!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Have some chocolate.
  • mistertug
    Options
    eat chocolate then ffs just track it
  • runningvegan
    Options
    I have a fun size candy bar every afternoon. It's only 100 calories. Restricting myself completely drives me crazy, and after 2-3 days of that I end up eating ~2000 calories of chocolate. Knowing that I can have something every day seems to be working so far.
  • skyekeeper
    skyekeeper Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    I love the Dove Dark Chocolate Promise squares and they are only 42 calories a square. The Trader Joe's mini chocolate bars are very good too and they are 100 calories a bar. They say mini but don't seem like mini to me. They come in regular and dark chocolate and I prefer the dark chocolate. Super yummy and melt in your mouth!!
  • goingwithgrace
    goingwithgrace Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just a few squares of high quality dark chocolate usually gets me over the chocoholic hump. :) Trader Joe's has a few very good dark chocolate options. Dark chocolate has some health benefits as well.
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    Just make room for them. It's only 210 calories.
  • kr1stadee
    kr1stadee Posts: 1,774 Member
    Options
    ... OP deactivated? lol sheesh.

Anyway, I have some dark chocolate, or the Special K Chocolate Crisps.

My protein shake is chocolate too, so that helps!