I miss having MFP friends!!

Options
Hi all!

I deleted my MFP account over the summer because I thought it would be a good idea to "start fresh" with a new account, thinking that it would encourage me to stay on track. But I've honestly just been having a hard time staying accountable and I have been logging minimally and maintaining/gaining for months. Id love to get to know a few new friends, and to have something to look forward to when I sign into MFP!!

A little about me:
22, University senior (bachelor of Science in Nutrition)
I'm on the East coast of Canada
I am down between 40-50 pounds from my highest weight, but I'd like to loose around another 20-30 pounds this year.

Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Replies

• Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Idk....you quit before

that's not a good sign

imho
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like
    :flowerforyou:
  • DestinyD1291
    Options
    I just made my account yesterday. I haven't been able to lose weight since January. I'm 22 years old. I live in Northern Louisiana. I had my son last year in November. I was 215 when I had him I dropped to 180 in a month then I got this implant birth control in my arm and I'm back up to 210. Before I had my son I weighed 150 and I would love to be that weight again but I'm aiming for 130. I'm a student majoring in criminal justice in forensic sciences. Feel free to add me if you like.
  • MstngSammy
    MstngSammy Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Idk....you quit before

that's not a good sign

imho

Not very motivational there Hon. I don't think she's looking for someone to make her feel worse.

She's trying again and that is great!

Add me :-)
  • rsnassimi
    rsnassimi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • rsnassimi
    rsnassimi Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Idk....you quit before

that's not a good sign

imho

Yeah, god forbid somebody have to try something twice before it sticks. Who are you to pass judgement?
  • Red_Scorpio_www
    Options
    You can add me :)<3 and its wonderful that you are back on track :):heart:
  • NJHannah
    Options
    I've been there we all have, add me, actually anyone POSITIVE can add me! MFP is a place for support and positive thinking, log in and you will be supported!
  • NJHannah
    Options
    Idk....you quit before

that's not a good sign

imho

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that, you were angling for sarcastically funny, but you missed the mark. That's not constructive or supportive. That is not appreciated at MFP.
    do not turn MFP into a place where people are hesitant and unsupportive, if like you say, you responded, "IMHO" then maybe you should practice humility... Just a thought.
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    Idk....you quit before

that's not a good sign

imho

Yeah, god forbid somebody have to try something twice before it sticks. Who are you to pass judgement?

Obviously, someone that never quit. And she's awesome! You should all send her a friend request.

OP, best of luck with MFP 2.0, you've got this! (used without permision. Sorry jof):drinker:
  • Kukenan
    Kukenan Posts: 44
    Options
    It's awesome that you are getting back on track. Feel free to add me. That goes to anyone in this thread :)
  • meels709
    meels709 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys! Looking forward to this!

Forgot about the negativity that lurks in these forums! oh my oh my.
    (and to be fair I didn't quit... I deleted my account and made a new one, to kind of start over, I want to see this part of my weightloss as separate from the first bit, because I am at a different stage and I want to treat it as such)
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Idk....you quit before

that's not a good sign

imho

Obviously, someone that never quit. And she's awesome! You should all send her a friend request.

OP, best of luck with MFP 2.0, you've got this! (used without permision. Sorry jof):drinker:

damn right I'm awesome!!

Thanks honey!!

*needs to remember not everyone sees the sarcasm font*
  • fitgirlcookie
    fitgirlcookie Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I didn't delete my account but did stop logging in for months. Back again and always up for friends. 75 pounds lost and getting more fit everyday. Love having new friends to support each other too!♥♥♥
  • MiloBloom83
    Options
    I've been there we all have, add me, actually anyone POSITIVE can add me! MFP is a place for support and positive thinking, log in and you will be supported!

It's actually a calorie counting website. Support is optional and not guaranteed. I would say 17 posts in a year and half is not being very supportive. Imho.

I make no guarantees of support. I just do my thing. And my friends seem to dig it.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Idk....you quit before

that's not a good sign

imho

I am going to give you the benefit of the doubt that, you were angling for sarcastically funny, but you missed the mark. That's not constructive or supportive. That is not appreciated at MFP.
    do not turn MFP into a place where people are hesitant and unsupportive, if like you say, you responded, "IMHO" then maybe you should practice humility... Just a thought.

I see this is your first time here at MFP. Let me take some time to explain to you that sarcasm is alive and well on these forums, despite some people sucking the fun out of it.
  • MiloBloom83
    Options
    Idk....you quit before

that's not a good sign

imho

damn right I'm awesome!!

Thanks honey!!

Hey! Can the "honey" thing. If your husband sees this, we're both in trouble.
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Idk....you quit before

that's not a good sign

imho

damn right I'm awesome!!

Thanks honey!!

Hey! Can the "honey" thing. If your husband sees this, we're both in trouble.

I am fine with it. Carry on.
  • NJHannah
    Options

It's actually a calorie counting website. Support is optional and not guaranteed. I would say 17 posts in a year and half is not being very supportive. Imho.

I make no guarantees of support. I just do my thing. And my friends seem to dig it.

You're not nice.
  • NJHannah
    Options
    Idk....you quit before

that's not a good sign

imho

I see this is your first time here at MFP. Let me take some time to explain to you that sarcasm is alive and well on these forums, despite some people sucking the fun out of it.

You're not nice.