Halloween costumes?

Options
peleroja
peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
Halloween is a very, very big deal in my social circle. I have no idea what to wear to our annual party (held this year in a house to be demolished the following day with a Dexter "kill room" theme. Amazing.) Out of the box ideas for me, my boyfriend, or both?

If it matters, I'm on the short side and smallish with red hair. Boyfriend is about six feet, blond, and athletic. I'm not big on sexy costumes but will relent on that if it's awesome or funny enough.

Replies

• YogaLegs87
    Options
    One year I did Reverse Cowgirl and it was awesome. Western clothes worn backwards, some boots, a backwards hat, and some pigtails. Easy peasey, kinda sleazy! Haha.
  • peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    One year I did Reverse Cowgirl and it was awesome. Western clothes worn backwards, some boots, a backwards hat, and some pigtails. Easy peasey, kinda sleazy! Haha.

That's funny! I like it- it's a bit risqué but doesn't require lingerie and animal ears (ugh).
  • Mobilemuscle
    Mobilemuscle Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Reverse cowgirl....Ooooh...I see what you did there...
    43932452 Posts: 7,246 Member
    Options
    A pirate. :)
  • randysbombshellgirl
    randysbombshellgirl Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Best holiday ever! I work on my costume for months. Some past ones are little dead riding hood. Regan (from the exorcist)
    Carrie and Tippy from the birds. I have some of these pics on my profile. This year is malice in Wonderland can't wait . What ever you do have a blast. Love the Dexter kill room BTW
  • SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    Options
    if the party is in a Dexter kill room theme wouldn't the logical thing to do be dressing as characters from the series? Perhaps a couple he murdered, make up to show the Dexter kill process optional. :)
  • Cre8veLifeR
    Cre8veLifeR Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Halloween! This year I am going as pop-art Marilyn Monroe and DH is Andy Warhol lol.
  • Bucky83
    Bucky83 Posts: 1,194 Member
    Options
    I'm in Australia and wouldn't normally celebrate Halloween, however I've been invited to a 'Walking Dead' party. So natch, I'll be dressing up as a zombie.
  • FEMAZmolek
    Options
    My kids are really into pirates vs. ninjas. Since they are all going as ninjas I'm stuck being the pirate by default. It should be fun.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Chelle and companion cube!
  • moonmistmm
    moonmistmm Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I've always enjoyed being historical characters--Elizabeth I, ancient Greek, Amelia Earhart Isis (Egyptian goddess), etc. I've considered being Charlie Chaplin, but I always worry people will mistake the mustache for Hitler! I've been the Black Swan (from the movie) too. This is a shot in the dark, but some redheads that come to mind are Lucy (I Love Lucy), Mary, Queen of Scots, and Jessica Rabbit (though definitely a sexy costume).

I always like to pick things that I like...books, movies, etc.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Best Holiday eva!