Vitamins?

Options
Is there any vitamins anyone recommends during dieting?

Replies

• cnichol
    cnichol Posts: 17
    Options
    Is there any vitamins anyone recommends during dieting?
  • akellyking1977
    Options
    I've been taking the generic One a Day Weight Smart vitamins. My doc recommended them to me.
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    multi vitamins. my husband also say flax seed oil pills.
  • cnichol
    cnichol Posts: 17
    Options
    Thank you for your help.:smile:
  • illtaketwo
    Options
    Vitamins are very important.

I take Vitamin C, Glucosamine & Chondrotin, Chromium, multi-vitamin, calcium magnesium & zinc.

Plus I also take creatine, l-glutamine, and protein.

If you aren't taking your vitamins you are limiting your potential.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    Vitamins are very important.

I take Vitamin C, Glucosamine & Chondrotin, Chromium, multi-vitamin, calcium magnesium & zinc.

Plus I also take creatine, l-glutamine, and protein.

If you aren't taking your vitamins you are limiting your potential.

I think it's better to get as many vitamins as possible from food. Many vitamins in pill form are not adequately absorbed and utilized.
  • Elafacwen
    Elafacwen Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I take One a Day Woman's Pro Edge. It supplies extra B vitamins and folic acid than most vitamins. Also, I have had problems with other brands causing stomach upset, but these are fine.
  • omariea
    omariea Posts: 11
    Options
    Not sure if the link will work, but I take these AWESOME prenatal vitamins. I'm (absolutely) not trying to get pregnant right now (probably should finish nursing school and get married first! haha) but I like them because they are food-based, natural, and supply a perfect amount of everything for me. Plus they're gentle on my stomach, which other multivitamins are not. Feel free to add me as a friend anybody! :flowerforyou:

http://www.amazon.com/Rainbow-Light-Prenatal-Multivitamin-tablets/dp/B00115BJ30/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1380770428&sr=8-2&keywords=rainbow+light+prenatal
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    I just take a multivitamin.
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I absolutely love the Rainbow Light Women's One vitamin. Food based and I can take it on an empty stomach (Only one I can do that with). And I truly feel a difference in my energy level when I take it.
  • RedScathach
    RedScathach Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Make sure you take a good multivitamin, be wary of vitamins with lots of fillers, preservatives and vitamins that are food based not synthetic. I am really liking Rainbow Light Women's One Multivitamin right now.
  • Cindi_Rella1
    Cindi_Rella1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I take the Thrive capsules and shakes for my multi vitamin. With the capsules and a shake in the morning I can get almost 100% of my daily amount. It's powdered and micronized, not tablet, so it's absorbed better and it also has added ingredients such as protein, probiotics, prebiotics, amino acids, glucosamine, etc and I feel better than I have ever felt at 46. Vitamins make a much bigger difference than I ever imagined. Especially when you find one your body can actually absorb! Don't go cheap here, get the good stuff!
  • TXBlonde81
    TXBlonde81 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    I try and get what I can through food but sometimes that is impossible. When I am doing really well I take the following vitamins/minerals:

2 capsules of fish oil
    1 multivitamin (women's one a day generic)
    1 Vitamin B complex
    2 Calcium + Vitamin D
    1 Iron (every other day)
    1 D3