Pumpkin Muffin or Cupcake recipe?

Options
Does anyone have a pumpkin muffin or cupcake recipe that doesn't call for artificial sweetener (like splenda or even agave nectar) One using applesauce is fine :)

Replies

• lesleybritton
    Options
    From Weight Watchers...

Mix a spice cake mix and a small can of pumpkin. Bake according to the instructions on the cake box.

It doesn't sound like ti will work, but I promise you it does! I make them all the time. They are really delicious and moist muffins. You can make 24 small muffins or 12 big ones.

:drinker:
  • sandara
    sandara Posts: 830 Member
    Options
    Lesley is right! I took some to work today and everyone loved them.
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Libby's - Pure Pumpkin - 15 oz Can, 1 container (1 4/5 cups ea.)
    Egg substitute - Liquid, 1 cup
    Oil - Vegetable, canola, 0.25 cup
    Great Value - Unsweetened Applesauce, 1/2 cup
    Generic - Sugar White Granulated, 3/4 cup
    Sugars - Brown, 0.75 cup, packed packed
    Gold Medal - Unbleached All-Purpose Wheat Flour - White, 3.5 cup
    Baking soda, 2 tsp
    Iodized Salt - Salt, 1 tsp0
    Spices - Cinnamon, ground, 1 tsp
    Spices - Nutmeg, ground, 1 tsp
    Spices - Ginger, ground, 0.5 tsp

I copied this from my recipes, but mix pumpkin through sugars together, sift flour through ginger together, then stir dry into wet. Bake in muffin tins at 350 F until inserted knife pulls out clean (approximately 30 minutes.)
  • tiffvea
    tiffvea Posts: 51
    Options
    I also like the Spice cake mix with pumpkin recipe, but I add 3/4 cup of water to mine. They are yummy, and my kids even love them!
  • page68
    page68 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    keeper
  • AngieWilley
    Options
    Oh that cake mix recipe sounds wonderful and easy!! Thank you!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: BUMPPED!!!
  • NotTheOldMe
    Options
    From Weight Watchers...

Mix a spice cake mix and a small can of pumpkin. Bake according to the instructions on the cake box.

It doesn't sound like ti will work, but I promise you it does! I make them all the time. They are really delicious and moist muffins. You can make 24 small muffins or 12 big ones.

Wow that sounds really yummy! Thanks!
  • sandara
    Options
    Warning! If you decide to make these muffins I don't recommend giving any samples away! Because then everybody wants you to make them. I just got finished making about 4 1/2 dozen of the things. Some for work, some for my husband's work and some for my son! OMG my back is killing me! :sad:
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ka_42
    ka_42 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    From Weight Watchers...

Sounds delish! Any idea how many calories?
  • JStarnes
    JStarnes Posts: 5,576 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sandara
    Options
    [/quote]
    Sounds delish! Any idea how many calories?
    [/quote]

In my version using Duncan Hines Spice Cake Mix and Libby's 15 ounce can of pumpkin . . . if you make 18 muffins they are 128 calories each.
  • Degren
    Degren Posts: 80
    Options
    Warning! If you decide to make these muffins I don't recommend giving any samples away! Because then everybody wants you to make them. I just got finished making about 4 1/2 dozen of the things. Some for work, some for my husband's work and some for my son! OMG my back is killing me! :sad:

Be sure to log your cooking time as exercise! I was pleased to find that in the exercise log the other day.

The muffins sound delicious! I will probably make some this weekend.
  • kaylou
    kaylou Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I made these over the weekend and they were delicious! I am guessing that they are about 110-120 calories each for small muffins. I made 24 out of the cake box.
  • kendra1976
    kendra1976 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I made pumpkin banana muffins from scratch over the weekend. They were 130 calories each. I can post the recipe.
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    Anyone have a recipe that tastes like Dunkin Donut's Pumpkin Muffins? They're a seasonal favorite of mine, but real calorie bombs. Please post if you have something so I don't fall off the wagon here....

Shannon
  • shampooplanet
    shampooplanet Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Do you add in the eggs & oil & whatever else the box calls for, or just the spice mix and a can of pumpkin?
  • ASPhantom
    ASPhantom Posts: 637 Member
    Options
    I made a pan last night.
    Using a chocolate cake mix and 15 ounce can of pumpkin.

Cut into 24 squares, about 75 calories each.

Kids even loved them (although they added frosting to theirs.)