Are you a mystery to you?

Options
Lot's of times I hear people say "I know that person like the back of my hand", but many people are really a mystery to themselves. They don't really know why they do certain actions, react certain ways or pursue certain goals. Some just follow a crowd, others because some have told them they need to, but few really know themselves really well.
So how well do you really know yourself?

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
IDEA Fitness member
Kickboxing Certified Instructor
Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

Replies

• IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    not as well as you do... Kidding. I know myself like the back of your hand, er, my hand...
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    I have learned most of my excuses not to exercise and have come up with ways to counter act them. Too cold (bought some fleece), too dark (reflective vest and flashlight), raining (rain poncho), ect. I learned a lot about me on this journey and have gotten mad at myself for forcing me to go out into the cold dark morning but am always happier when I return.
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    I know me better than anyone else does.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Yes, in the since that I am a strange combination of cocky and shy. Since I have gotten in shape, I have become a lot more confident. However, I am still the same shy person I have always been. For example, a week ago last saturday I was in Wal-Mart with a friend. As we passed an isle, I saw an attractive female. I asked if he noticed a ring, he said he didn't notice a woman standing there. But we should go back so I could talk to her. I declined, because I am just too damn shy to go up to someone I don't know and start talking. Apparently, it is extremely strange that my shyness hasn't decreased as my self confidence has increased.
  • InForBacon
    InForBacon Posts: 1,508 Member
    Options
    I know myself so well, I even know what I taste like.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I.....

am an enigma.
  • Dingeman1
    Dingeman1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    perfect timing. as I am wondering why I sabotage my weight loss efforts.
    not the working out so much I love boot camp and running.
    but the food side . I have " dieted " my way up to 247 , down now to 227 .. but still I will stick to a program like glue for a few weeks then throw it all away with " whoa is me" or what ever excuse comes to mind..
    so just now investigating WHY do I do that.
    I know how to lose weight, why won't I let myself.
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I don't think I'll ever want to "know" about myself, but I'll always keep learning about myself. I did a lot of learning about myself in college and when I moved away from home to work, and it has helped my self-confidence. I learned to embrace my introversion and to not be ashamed of my eclectic interests. I've also been learning a lot about myself through my weight-loss journey, especially with how hard I can push myself, where I struggle with self-control, and why I so badly want to lose weight.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty good as self analyzing and know why I do the things I do, actually. Maybe not until after it's already done, but understanding after this time might help out next time.

Edit: Typo
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    Options

Love it.
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

If you happen to taste like bacon, I'd like to get to know you as well :laugh:
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,695 Member
    Options
    not as well as you do... Kidding. I know myself like the back of your hand, er, my hand...
    May I just kiss your hand?:love:

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition