Bride on a mission!

Options
Ok, so my current weight is 205. My goal weight is 120. I would LOVE to reach this goal by my wedding date of April 2, 2011. But I know that's most likely not going to happen. Can anyone tell me a realistic goal to strive for?...for April 2nd!

Replies

• tjradd73
    tjradd73 Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    well first of congrats and welcome :) the "experts" say that 2lbs a week is healthy...however, people tend to lose weight a little quicker(if they are focused) when they first start!! i would say you could safely shoot for 150 by your wedding that is about 2lbs per week plus a few extra per week for the first month or so :) good luck! and if you would like to friend me for support feel free :)
  • shadysyrup313
    shadysyrup313 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Anything is possible. Look how much weight people lose on the biggest loser in 6? 9 weeks.
  • lindzbindz
    Options
    i think it is possible. my wedding is dec 11th of this year and i started a month ago. i have already lost 16 pounds and am going for 180 i started at 217.

my ultimate goal is 150 but i know that wont happen before the wedding so i went for 180
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Congratulations!! I too am a 'bride on a mission'! ;)

Like tjradd73 said, people tend to lose weight more quickly when they first begin on a weight loss plan but then will slow down as they progress. I woudl think, pending how much you have to lose, 1.5 - 2 pounds per week is reasonable. Things will slow down the closer you get to your goal weight though. So 48 - ish is possible going off of a strictly numerical approach although it may differ depending on how 'clean' you eat and your workout routine.

Again - congrats!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    I'd shoot for 170-175. If you pass it - great! But most likely you'll lose more at first, then slow down. By changing your routine you might gain a pound back once in a while or stay steady for a week before losing again. Either way you'll look and feel FABULOUS on your big day!
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    How about halfway there?? 45 pounds would be almost 10 pounds a month - safely doable, yet with a little wiggle room if you stick to the program. Or If you've got lots of mojo you could push for the full 10 pounds a month and aim for 55.

If it were me, I'd rather set my goals a bit lower as not to be disappointed if I didn't meet it, yet I'd still keep it in the back of my mind that it would be a fantabulous feat if I did get to the higher number lost!

btw - I'm getting married April 1, 2011!
  • ashleycoleman
    Options
    Thanks for the support everyone! It has been so hard for me! I had my first child a year ago and gained 40 pounds afterwards! I have NEVER been this big! I am still in my maternity clothes because my pre-pregnant clothes don't fit. I also went shopping after I had the baby to get bigger clothes and now THEY don't fit either! I don't know how I let it get this bad! I was always so small growing up! Then I gained alot during my first marriage. But now...OMG! I have been so down about it! How does the weight sneak up on you like this?! I was so excited when I stepped on the scale and saw that I lost 5 pounds! That was the motivation I needed! It's amazing what just 5 little pounds can do for you! And I am so happy I was introduced to this website! There are so many people that understand what I'm going thru and can offer so much advice and support! Thanks again everyone!