Rewards

Options
Since most of us are here because we turn to food in good times and bad...kinda like a marriage ;-)

I'm trying to think of ways to reward myself in varying degrees (a good week with eating/working out or a significant goal weight lost). Any ideas would be great!!!

How do you reward yourself, now that you shouldn't do it with food?

Replies

• schaapj2
    schaapj2 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    When I lose 75 of my 100 pounds, I am booking myself a trip to Hawaii to visit my friend!......I've lost 13 so far.....I can feel the sand and waves now!
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    Well, I technically still reward myself with food. If I have a really good calorie day that I'm low, I think....I deserve a piece of cake...so its 400 calories...I have those to spare today so its fine. lol As long as I can stay away from the food when I'm upset, then I'm good.

I did decide to set myself up with some rewards though for a certain amount of weight lost, mine are bigger than most peoples on here. I see a lot of people put things down like new walking shoes, a new dress etc. Mine are more like fun expensive trips & vacations....and the grand prize is a maxed out credit card shopping spree! (well hopefully not really maxed out, but I do want to go buy a bunch of new & cute clothes).

Reward #1 First 50lbs - Trip just me & my hubby
    Reward #2 80lbs gone- Slightly undecided...IF...I can hit my goal weight for this reward in the time frame I'm hoping for, it will be right before our trip to WV to hang out with my husbands family, and I think feeling more confident around the in-laws and not being a party pooper will be a reward in it self....(or I'll just buy me a present when we get there haha!)
    Reward #3 - Shopping Spree...for when I hit my goal weight of 130-160...anywhere in between those will work. lol

Good luck! Hope you find some that work for you. :)
  • angisnee
    angisnee Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    New workout gear, new clothes, kitchen gadgets--anything fun that will help you along your journey!
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    I set exercise goals mostly.... like for this month, if I run every day for 30 days... I get myself a 60 minute massage :smokin: :love:
  • NeuroticVirgo
    NeuroticVirgo Posts: 3,671 Member
    Options
    I set exercise goals mostly.... like for this month, if I run every day for 30 days... I get myself a 60 minute massage :smokin: :love:

I really like this idea, the more exercise I start doing, the more beat up and sore I bet I will get, and a massage would be awesome!
  • Fuhgeddaboudit
    Options
    It's going to be heaven... Sept 24th... it'll happen...
  • ReneeMarie
    Options
    These are great ideas...I like the massage idea too and the trips :-)
    Now that I know what some of you use to reward yourself, I'll sit down and plan my rewards to go with my goals.

Thanks everyone!!
  • superwmn
    superwmn Posts: 936
    Options
    Pedicures, Manicures, Massage, Professional Make-up Application, New Perfume, a trip to Sephora (or your fave make-up counter) for some fun new make-up, TOTALLY impractical shoes that could in NO WAY be considered a wardrobe staple (pony hair zebra print flats with green trim, anyone?), handbags, handbags, handbags.

I'm celebrating my maintenance monthly with an item from one of the above categories. There is SO MUCH in this life that I love just as much if not MORE than I love food :)

Charmagne
  • Ashley_Panda
    Ashley_Panda Posts: 1,404 Member
    Options
    New clothes mostly. I lost 10lbs so I bought myself a new (very much needed) bra.

Charmagne, I have a pair of zebra print heels with red trim. Yours sound adorable.

Tattoos, a trip to the beach ( when the time comes ) and eventually another baby. :)
  • lulu_beans
    lulu_beans Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    My fiancee and I set a team goal of 200 pounds by July. He started out at 475 and I started at 210. If we lose the 150 between the two of us, we are taking a cruise. :)
  • Kaye8395BTS
    Kaye8395BTS Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I've done a few things along my journey....at 25 lbs I got myself a gym membership w/ a trainer (I was/am in this for the long haul!). At 40 lbs I got a new bra & did a bra fitting :-) Then at 50 lbs I got new jeans, 60 lbs I went out for a night on the town and at 70 lbs I have had to buy a whole new wardrobe! Still a lot more to go and I will continue to reward myself! Good luck!
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I always have a "cheat" or "reward" say some like to call it with food. I will go out to eat if I want to or go get a taco or something! Of course, still gotta watch the calories, but there is no harm in rewarding yourself with food. In fact, it'll help reduce cravings knowing there is a day where you can have something nummys! If you deprive yourself for so long, some people will do the reward food day and eat everything in sight! So it keeps me sane, too.
  • sapphireeyze
    Options
    i always rewarded myself with something non-edible like a massage, pedicure, manicure, etc.....that way I can continue feeling really great inside and out :)

Leslie