Does anyone else find entering everything they eat annoying?

Options

Replies

• Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    hey there, I've got three kiddos the youngest just turned 3 months, I just quick add calories to make it quick and easy, and since my weight is where I want it and I'm not looking for food advice or any help, it works for me. I just want to see what's going in vs out so I can keep it in check if I notice I"m going off in the ditch.
  • WeepingAngel81
    WeepingAngel81 Posts: 2,232 Member
    Options
    I used to find it more frustrating than annoying. Now, I find it fascinating. I know....I'm a dork! It's been a real eye opener for me. I am a meal planner so I will log my supper in, and then base the rest of my day around that. Usually breakfast is the same for me, cereal or these breakfast bars I like to make. I have learned that it's everything in between that I have issues with. I like to log the calories as a motivater to work out as well. Once you get a good base of foods you eat on a regular basis it'll become less time consuming.
  • ChrisS30V
    ChrisS30V Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    I did find that it became annoying and I was also becoming obsessive about it, so I just stopped logging altogether. I know what I need to eat, I know how much of it to eat, so I really don't give it that much thought anymore. Then again, I'm currently in maintenance, so it's not absolutely vital that I need to keep track of every single thing that goes into my mouth.
  • pita7317
    pita7317 Posts: 1,437 Member
    Options
    Most days I log everything I feel like eating that day all at one time.
    Can always go back later and adjust if you change your mind.
    Easier for me that way.
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    No I don't find it annoying, and I actually think it is very easy with my phone app, I log as I go. I also log recipes while I cooking so that it will be easy the next time I make the same thing. If I plan on going out I'll pre log so that the beginning of my day will not interfere with my dinner, or enjoyment of the occasion. I would be lost if I didn't enter my food, I have found that I am a very poor judge of how many calories I'm consuming. My MFP diary is the only think that keeps me at the weight I want to be, without it I'm sure my weight would be up considerably by the end of the year!
  • salladeve
    salladeve Posts: 1,053 Member
    Options
    using mfp when you go to add food, you will see a little bar code icon. Click on the icon and it is able to scan the labels. then you just add to your diary. it is so cool.

Just double check what comes up. Last week I entered the bar code for a Kraft salad dressing, and the info came up for a serving of smoked Ham! Considerably more calories then the dressing I was using!
  • FrauHaas2013
    FrauHaas2013 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone - the phone app is very helpful and you can do it from anywhere. Also, if you eat the same things regularly, try saving them as meals so you can just use one click to add them again on a different day.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I found being fat a lot more annoying.

Haha! :drinker:

Seriously, yes it is annoying sometimes. I do use the phone app to enter foods depending on where I am in the house. Or I save the wrappers of what I've eaten so I won't forget to log everything when I get around to it. Quickly jotting notes when I can't be bothered to find my phone and am away from my computer helps too.

Editing to add I had noticed the bar code thingy, and I fully plan on using it as well! Thanks!!
  • puddlesbaby10
    puddlesbaby10 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have the app, and though it has some issues, it's soooo easy because I can scan things in. Honestly, I just write down what I've eaten for the day if I don't have the time to enter it it, or if I'm out at a restaurant or something. Get you one of those little notebooks from the dollar store and keep it in your purse or back pocket. Works like a charm! Good luck! :-)
  • mizzcasual
    mizzcasual Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I do and often forget to do the diaries. Usually sometimes I just try and be strict and as long as I'm avoiding certain foods I'll be fine and not eating junk food. I'm trying to remember to log . I can't always find the most accurate thing I'm looking for and the grams or sizes are usually just random and I'm not sure if there amounts are right.
  • crystalcorals
    crystalcorals Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I find it stressful.
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I use a samsung galaxy and the app I have often glitches out

Which Galaxy? It works flawlessly on my S4 and My Note 8. Have you posted the problem in the support forums? It can be made to work correctly on Samsung Galaxy devices.
  • spookiefox
    spookiefox Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    If you have the app and can access MFP from your phone... in all seriousness log it while you're going #2. It only takes a couple minutes. :) I pre-entered things I make all the time into the recipes section so I don't have to re-enter everything.

Yeah, recipes and meals make it dead-stupid-simple to log. I LOVE them! But I don't do #2 as many times a day as I eat; you do?
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    You have to EMPOWER Yourself! You can't expect anyone else to "fire you up" when YOU think that all of this is annoying. You are simply being a "Vampire" = Draining Others of their Life to keep you going (for a short time).
  • april1445
    april1445 Posts: 334
    Options
    I have a 3 and 5 year old, so first let me say this: you have about 8 months, and then you'll have some breathing space. It's SO hard when they're that little. Try standardizing your breakfast and lunch, or rotate between a few of them, and put them in your meals section. Then you'll only have to figure out supper every day. I'm not a fan of logging either. I find it time-consuming and frustrating, although MFP is by far the best program I've seen for the task.
  • Phoenix_Warrior
    Phoenix_Warrior Posts: 1,633 Member
    Options
    I hear ya, some days it gets tedious. I have a two and a half year old and an almost 5 month old. I pretty much plan my meals a day in advance. I typically pre prepare my meals and snacks, weigh my food out and leave it somewhere easy access in the fridge. If plans change, I always do a quick search on the way to where we are eating to plan, too. My husband likes to tease me about the last part :p. You can do it!!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I usually sit down in the am with a cup of coffee and log as much as I can. I think about what I am going to eat during the day and log it. Then as the day goes on I only have to log what I didn't include earlier. Then out the door for EXERCISE. I am sure your baby naps take advantage of that. STOP making excuses. Look at how well it worked in the past.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    I use the time I used to spend over eating...
  • chad23jl
    chad23jl Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I log all of my food the day before. As I meal plan everything that I will consume the next day...minus dinner. So, as I pack my breakfast, lunch and snacks for work the night before...I just log it all in. Saves a bunch of time because with my schedule I may not have time to log it as I eat it. Then at the end of the day....if there is something that I packed but didnt eat...I just delete it.
  • csp145
    csp145 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love using the app - but I am a person who needs to be held accountable, so I am looking for other MFP users to follow me - and check in on me. I have 16 pounds to lose and could use the encouragement! Thanks!