Would a Fitbit work for me?

Options
2»

Replies

• karenh3585
    karenh3585 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    When you get it, sign up for earndit.com too! It'll sync with your Fitbit and give you points for steps taken which you can use for free rewards (even charity donations.) it's free and awesome!

I never knew about this website. I'm gonna go sign up now, thanks!!
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    I've had my Fitbit One for almost a year now. I never take it off, except to charge once a week or when in the shower. I walk all day so it's handy for me. I even go for 40,000 steps a day every day. I make it. It's gotten my more active than I already was. After a workout I'd just stop all day basically. Fitbit got me doing more all day even after a run or workout here at home. I got my old PT to get one for his parents. My 20yo son & my husband both have one each as well. It's great.
  • amiclvrt
    Options
    I even go for 40,000 steps a day every day.

You're my hero!! :flowerforyou:
  • _EndGame_
    _EndGame_ Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    A fitbit is great if all you're trying to do is measure steps. The site is useful for keeping track and setting personal goals. But if all you want to do is track steps, then get a normal pedometer, because the Fitbit One and the Flex are quite expensive little gadgets.

HRM's in my opinion, are a far better method of tracking calories burned during workouts, as you get a more accurate reading based on your heart rate.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    A fitbit is great if all you're trying to do is measure steps. The site is useful for keeping track and setting personal goals. But if all you want to do is track steps, then get a normal pedometer, because the Fitbit One and the Flex are quite expensive little gadgets.

HRM's in my opinion, are a far better method of tracking calories burned during workouts, as you get a more accurate reading based on your heart rate.

My HRM & Fitbit both give me the same amount of calories burned. If set up right Fitbit will be spot on.
  • Swiftdogs
    Swiftdogs Posts: 328 Member
    Options
    Y'all (I'm from Texas) are giving me some great ideas. I'm a true numbers geek - can never have too much data. I'll be interested to see how my sedentary workday scores. I've always made it a point to go to a colleague's office instead of picking up the phone, etc., but it will be nice to see how much those little things count. With foot problems and an arthritic hip, I have to get work done with my effort. Running or gym workouts aren't a good option for me. So I think this will give me a better reading of my activities, not just when I'm showing. Thanks all!
  • naeswirl
    Options
    I just ordered a Fitbit so I can count my steps and monitor my sleep. I operate on 5 hours and I need to move it to at least 7 hours. I like the fact that I can pair it up with MyFitnessPal. But as far as tracking calories burned, I have a heart rate monitor that gives me a more accurate caloric count than what you get here, which in my opinion are over inflated.
  • naeswirl
    Options
    Order it from Amazon. It was about $10 cheaper and I was able to get it in one day!
  • shellma00
    shellma00 Posts: 1,684 Member
    Options
    When you get it, sign up for earndit.com too! It'll sync with your Fitbit and give you points for steps taken which you can use for free rewards (even charity donations.) it's free and awesome!

I never knew about this website. I'm gonna go sign up now, thanks!!

ME TOO! Thanks for posting
  • denniskillz
    denniskillz Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Use a fitbit flex, it is awesome and brilliant
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options

Oh and achievemint.com. You earn points towards a $25 check.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options

Oh and achievemint.com. You earn points towards a $25 check.

Not if you live outside the US. You get not one thing from there otherwise. Just keep in mind this site here is NOT just an American site.