Oh god scared.

Options

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    Hey, I saw you post

I would suggest to take it easy. From my own personal experience I'll suggest not to plan you weight loss so strctly. When you start you will see you will loose a lot, but then it slows down. Be aware of that and don't let that discourage you.

Excellent advice. I see too many people give up and quit because they put way too much expectation on themselves each week and didn't account for the normal ups and downs of getting healthy. Losing weight is not completely linear.

The good news is, time is on your side and as long as you make the best choices for eating and exercise as often as possible, you will continue to see results over time.
  • kathykatkitty
    kathykatkitty Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    800 calories is too low. Do that, and you'll be cheating within a few days. Try 1200, exercise, and understand that losing weight slowly gives you a much better chance of sticking with your plan and achieving your long term goals.

If you eat less than 1200 calories your body goes into starvation mode and will hold onto calories rather than get rid of them. Think high protien and low carb. Tuna is great, try plain greek yougurt insted of mayo. :) Good luck.
  • jlp100
    jlp100 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.

Don't be scared - that goes against having MFP as a support network!

Go to your settings and see what personal information it has stored. By placing the data in there it should state what MFP thinks will be sufficient enough for you to lose week per week if you stick to the calorie tracking and exercise logging (if you want to be sure of how much cals you burn I would suggest getting a heart rate monitor so you know exactly how many cals you are burning - everybody is different).

There are different opinions (you can look through the community boards - but some people can have too much of an opinion on stuff) but I would say to eat back some/most of your cals that you burn off through exercise (if you are hungry obviously) as you have your calorie allowance and once you have logged everything you will see how many cals you still have to spend and it still takes into account weight loss.

Good luck!
  • kgreenRDLDN
    kgreenRDLDN Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Juice fast. that will get you on a roll. Kill cravings, give you time to make a plan. Try a 7 or 10 day fast. You will be amazed.

Fasting is not a healthy way to start a diet:

Fasting
    The Premise: Fasting is a popular method to start a weight loss program and is thought to clean out toxic wastes from our body. Fasting is also thought to rejuvenate and revitalize our systems by "burning-up" old and worn out tissues.
    The Truth: Fasting can be dangerous and may kill you. Fasting is the same as starving. it deprives your body of energy and essential vitamins, resulting in weakness, dizziness, and tiredness. Fasting causes your metabolism to slow down to conserve energy, so any weight loss that occurs is from water and lean body mass from organs (like the heart). The misconception that fasting cleans out your body is completely opposite of the truth. fasting produces a build up of ketones that are harmful to the kidneys.
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options

Lots of self love

Hey, he sounds kinda young... he might not know how to take this.
  • maggie16sweetxoxo
    maggie16sweetxoxo Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    You sound like a 12 year old.
  • Kittylu
    Kittylu Posts: 19
    Options
    A low calorie diet of 800 calories will probably burn you out. Relax, eat healthy and if the loss is slower than you like, so be it, at least you won't burn out and make goal. If you insist on doing this, at least, take vitamins.
  • pcastagner
    pcastagner Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    Hey guys, he didn't say 800 calories intake. He said, as I understand it, an 800 calorie deficit.

When I was 210 I could run a 1000 calorie daily deficit with no problem.
  • lucan07
    lucan07 Posts: 509
    Options
    You sound like a 12 year old.

A 12 year old troll
  • EliteCon
    Options
    How does that help, every year I fast for 30 days, I see no way how that helps, in lighten me?
  • EliteCon
    Options
    I am actually quite childish, but I try to make laughs, if you know what I mean.

For the child like behaviour, I apologise but I'm not exactly a person who doesn't know how to have fun, I mean a guy can act young, can't be?
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Don't ruin your metabolism! 800 cals a day will not give you results be reasonable just eat healthier than you are now and stick to the calories that it tells you too. Get a food scale log everything and stay on track working out is great don't be tempted to over train an injury can really slow you down
  • mahanaibu
    mahanaibu Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    800 calories is too low. Do that, and you'll be cheating within a few days. Try 1200, exercise, and understand that losing weight slowly gives you a much better chance of sticking with your plan and achieving your long term goals.
    not entirely true.

Read the New England Journal of Medicine's study of what the science really shows about some of the diet myths.

http://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMsa1208051#t=articleTop

Or as the Los Angeles Times story on the study said,

"In fact, clinical trials have found that people who jump-start their diets by dropping a lot of weight in the beginning (by consuming only 800 to 1,200 calories per day, for instance) had the best results in long-term studies."
  • EliteCon
    Options
    Amazing, but what if I fill my stomach with salads and protien (chicken) which has 800-1200 cals does this still count as healthy?
  • Ang108
    Ang108 Posts: 1,711 Member
    Options
    New to this, so scared, I mean I need to loose as much as possible by march 14th. I hope I can do it but it just need help, and a good workout easy to do, aims to loose 2lb a week, which is like 8lb every 4 weeks, which will help me lose 40 lb in 5 months, this seems to hard, so il try minimum 800 cals a day, or 1.5 lb, which is idk how much calorie a day I need to burn (pls tell), and my diets good I think, I eat tuna mayo tomato lettuce and cucumber sammich for lunch and an orange caprison, for diner I eat a small salad with tuna mixed, and that's it, from then on, just water, dunno if good, but this is how I start it, any advvice would be great.

For workout, I do like walking for 3km and an average pace, dunno how much burnt, do that for 3 days, then like for 4 days - 5 I do between 400-700 calorie burn, so I don't exactly know how much lb's I'm actually loosing or burning a week, (someone pls tell would be great). And yeah, I'm like 5'7, around 230-210lb, not exactly sure how much, my scales broke.... Because my little bro threw down staires, don't have to believe it but it's true. So my dream goal would be 150lb, and my short term goal is 190-170 lb

What I need is a good amd firm workout which is easy and quick to do to burn at least 1.5lbs a week

Pppppppppllllssssss help , thanks so much, and I know it's a cruddy intro from my behalf, but I didn't know what to say

You seem so frantic and you sound so very young that I feel I should step back from giving you any kind of advise ( apart from not being crazy and eating 800 calories and maybe sending you to Sparkteens if you are 18 or under) until we know more about you. Please give us some info about yourself and open your food diary. Without that people at best can give you only generic advise. Why is it so important for you to lose 2 pounds a week ?
  • astartig
    astartig Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    you might also consider a keto diet considering what you said you are eating. you'd just have to cut out the breads and sugars.

http://www.ketogenic-diet-resource.com/ketogenic-diet-plan.html

you'd still want to count calories but the plan leaves you more satisfied. fats and proteins keep you full longer and you're always burning fat instead of glucogen
  • EliteCon
    Options
    Well a guy can act young you know.

The ideal reason for me to loose a minimal of 2lb is because I'm going to get married to a wonderful woman, she is so fit and beautiful, she likes me for who I am but if we're to get married, then you know, I have to change, and I want to look good in that suit for her.
    The date I want it done by is 14th march, reason is for my little brothers birthday, and he's soon to get married and I want him to be happy and I want to surprise him with what I've done. We live away from each other, and soon after that il be getting married by June. So yeah an advice
  • sloth3toes
    sloth3toes Posts: 2,212 Member
    Options
    I am actually quite childish, but I try to make laughs, if you know what I mean.

For the child like behaviour, I apologise but I'm not exactly a person who doesn't know how to have fun, I mean a guy can act young, can't be?

Don't worry, they weren't referring to you with the 12 year old comments, they were referring to me. I was trying to crack wise, and apparently, it wasn't funny.

You're getting alot of mixed advice here... keto this, and juice that.... what you need to do, is step back, and take a breath....

Log what you're eating, and the exercise you are doing, and open your diary so people can help. Who could not wanna help you? You're young and in love.

Happiness_warmblanket_1.jpg
  • NH_Norma
    NH_Norma Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    Also, please don't be scared. There's nothing to be afraid of, you're just going to be eating slightly less and moving slightly more. Nothing scary.
    [/quote]

:laugh: Turns out this is TRUE!
  • EliteCon
    Options
    I opened it to public now