latest study supports eggs and sausages for breakfast

Options
http://www.diabetesincontrol.com/articles/diabetes-news/15254-protein-rich-breakfast-improves-glycemic-control

Life is going to be improving for my buddy and me, eggs, butter sausages, are all good stuff for insulin reduction versus cereals, think the oatmeal is going into retirement.

Protein Rich Breakfast Improves Glycemic Control
A higher calorie breakfast consisting of protein and fat has a healthier impact on patients with type 2 diabetes....
the cereals and carbs did not perform so well.

Replies

• brunettesrule
    Options
    I love sausages and eggs for breakfast. I actually have them on a toasted sandwich. yummee !!! :heart:
  • _liftnlove
    Options
    I have 2 eggs and 5 pieces of bacon almost every morning. Life is good :)
  • benol1
    benol1 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Perhaps a little more research and a lot more caution is in order.

From the British Medical Journal on the same "study".
    How reliable is the research?
    These are intriguing findings, but we need to be cautious about how we interpret them for a couple of reasons.

First, this study was quite small. It included only 59 people, and 12 of these people dropped out before the end of the study. This means these findings are based on what happened to only 47 people - too small a group for drawing firm conclusions.

Second, this study was presented at a medical conference and has not been published in a medical journal. That means it hasn't been checked by other doctors with knowledge of this area of research, and we can't look at the study in detail. So, we can't weigh up the reliability of the research in the same way we would for a published study. We also don’t know important details about the study, such as what foods the people ate, and how healthy the people were in other ways.

What does this mean for me?
    Eating a healthy, well-balanced breakfast is important for everyone. If you have type 2 diabetes, these findings suggest that eating a large breakfast may be particularly helpful, but we need more research to confirm this. If you have questions about what you should eat for breakfast or other meals, your doctor or a dietician can help you make a food plan that suits you.

-- http://besthealth.bmj.com/x/news/732782/news-item.html
  • mag131
    mag131 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    I'm not going to bother reading the study after I've seen the other nonsense you post, but I have found I'm a lot less hungry for the rest of the day when I have a protein rich breakfast light on carbs.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    I don't believe posts from people without pics of themselves. Basically, your credibility is based on how ripped you are.

PS- I eat mass eggs when cutting and still seem to drop BF, and be awesome.
  • Jill_with_a_G
    Jill_with_a_G Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I have found I'm a lot less hungry for the rest of the day when I have a protein rich breakfast light on carbs.

Me too......