Why doesn't strength training show calories burnt?

Options
RachaelRenk
RachaelRenk Posts: 116 Member
edited November 2023 in Getting Started
This may be a dumb question...but...when I add to my daily exercise log on MFP, only exercise entered under "cardio" shows any calories burnt/subtracts them from my daily calories. Not so much under "strength training". Why is this?

Replies

• aNewYear123
    aNewYear123 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    strength-training-burn-calories-why-don-t-you-show-any-calories-burned-for-strength-training">http://www.myfitnesspal.com/help/faq/91-doesn-t-strength-training-burn-calories-why-don-t-you-show-any-calories-burned-for-strength-training
  • lvsusie
    lvsusie Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Try adding it under cardio instead of strength training.
  • frugalfitmom
    Options
    I wish the option to create a custom strength workout that also reflects calorie burn was available too! I use a heart rate monitor (Polar FT4) and put my strength workouts under cardio to track my calorie burn. I keep paper worksheets of my reps and weights used since I can't record both on the log.
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    I wish the option to create a custom strength workout that also reflects calorie burn was available too! I use a heart rate monitor (Polar FT4) and put my strength workouts under cardio to track my calorie burn. I keep paper worksheets of my reps and weights used since I can't record both on the log.
    because lifting isn't steady state cardio, it isn't really accurate for calories burned during lifting. Also, you can create custom workouts. I do. Just enter the workout manually. Do a search for something insane.. like.. potato juggling, then click the link at the bottom to add your own workout.
  • weightedfootsteps
    weightedfootsteps Posts: 4,349 Member
    Options
    under the cardio part of it you can type in strength training and write the amount of minutes you did....it works for me.
This discussion has been closed.