Plastic Surgery

Options
ginakiki
ginakiki Posts: 226 Member
Hi I was wondering if anyone had ever tried laser lipo and had good results...or any other surgery for weight lose.

Replies

• bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    bumping to find out answer. :p
  • ginakiki
    Options
    yo pictures show you dont need any of those dangerous procedures,

I would talk to someone before exploring these options

I know...I just wanted to here feedback
  • CaliforniaBarbie
    CaliforniaBarbie Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Bump, also interested in answers.
  • ginakiki
    Options
    Bump, also interested in answers.

yea H lol
  • AnotherOrangeCat
    Options
    Disclaimer: I'm not a doctor or otherwise an expert. This is what I found out when I was researching it for myself.

Laser lipo is not really weight loss surgery. It's body sculpting surgery. Reputable doctors would not even talk to you about lipo if you aren't close to your ideal weight - at least around here (Boston). Then they'll use it to get rid of some stubborn fat that doesn't respond well to diet and moderate exercise. Like the outer thighs on some women, or that last bit around the waistline.

I have those awful sticking out outer thighs. The thinner I am, the more hideously they stick out. Went to a consultation about possible laser-assisted lipo - at the time I was at 140lbs, 5'3" and just turned 40. They told me to come back after I lose at least another 10 lbs. It was made very clear that I won't lose more than about 1-2lbs from procedure, but it might take me down a pants size, because, well, my thighs are... erm, how to put it politely... a good candidate for the procedure. The damn things definitely cost me an extra size. I lost the weight, but didn't end up doing it, because I'm a wimp, and this is, after all, surgery.

Oh, and a friend of mine had her thighs done, in Miami. Also was told to get to her "ideal" BMI first. She lost weight by dieting, went back, and is very happy with the result of the lipo. It really improved the shape of her legs.
  • ginakiki
    Options
    thank u