Significant Appetite Decrease

Options
In the past month or so I have noticed that my appetite has decreased significantly. I've been really light headed because of lack of food. I've been drinking about 5 glasses of water each day. I try to work out everyday for at least 15 minutes but I get light headed so quickly. I have a lot of stress in my life but I have always had stress and haven't ever felt sick to my stomach. Even just thinking about food makes me feel very nauseated. In the past week I have dropped about 6lbs. I am going to talk to my doctor about this but I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever gone through anything like this.

Replies

• mkmerrill
    mkmerrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    This happened to me too. The only way I fixed it was by sleeping enough (8 hrs) and eating to my TDEE calories. I was eating way too low and not losing weight and was constantly sick and tired. You need way more water too. Have you calculated your TDEE?
  • adrienneadair
    Options
    Remember a few things, you should be drinking at least 64 oz of water a day, and really you should take the number of your body weight in lbs, chop it in half, and drink that many oz of water (eg. 150lbs/2 = 75oz of water). When you are cutting calories, you want to make sure that you are getting at least 1200 NET calories AFTER your workouts. All calories are NOT created equal, make sure you are putting nutrient dense calories into your body, and avoid high sugar or processed foods.

The other thing you should take time to do is de-stress. Sit and meditate for at least 10 minutes a day, clear your mind and center yourself. When we exercise we release toxins, and even bad memories from our muscles, push through it if your doing everything else.
  • QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    Yes, but mine was definitely tied to emotional stress. Please do see your doctor ASAP. Your symptoms are worrying.
  • Lizzy622
    Lizzy622 Posts: 3,705 Member
    Options
    Glad you have a scheduled doctor's appointment. Try so deep breathing or mediation in the meantime.
  • 1092kl
    1092kl Posts: 19
    Options
    Thank you everyone. What are TDEE calories?
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Your diary is shut so i can't see what you're eating.

Feeling dizzy is a sign of low blood pressure. Can be tied to low sodium, can be tied to low blood sugar.. could be anything.

Nausea could be pregnancy, extreme stress eg relationship breakup.

Lack of appetite could be anorexia (actually that word just means lack of appetite), illness.

See the doctor.

TDEE calories: "Total daily energy expenditure" - has your usual exercise included and averaged out to an even daily consumption rate, inside that number.

This number is slightly higher than your MFP 'daily energy expenditure' number on the goals page, which does NOT have exercise calories included and averaged out. You add them in separately and eat them back.