So my fat makes my boobs look smaller, lol

Options
Yeah.. to all my ladies out there, hopefully some of you know what im talking about.. When Ive attwmpted to explain this problem before it seemed to confuse my friend. I wear an A cup bra but when I was in highschool they didnt exactly sell a 38 A at my walmart, so unless I wanted to have my mom buy me an expensive bra from the mall, Id have to move up to a 38 B. Lol, it was terrible. I decided my senior year that I would just wear sports bras. Ive lost a lot of weight since then but Id still rather wear sports bras. Ive been doing this for about 4 years now. I never really noticed this until I moved in with my boyfriend 4 years ago..but do any of you have..this is where it gets confusing..fat on the side of your body, some what under your armpit? Like..say you wear a bra thats too tight and you get a buldge there? If that makes sense..? Except mines just there.. always.
Well, anyway, because my boobs are so small and I have that problem it makes them look more small while me look bigger and its just really been gettin me down lately when i see myself naked.. I dont really know what would help get rid of it.

Replies

• priscillamixgirl9
    Options
    I understand what you mean . I have somewhat the same issue. I think what you mean is that when you gain weight your breast appear to be smaller? I think its possible after all weight distributes differently with different body sizes, shapes and the person. When I lose weight my body becomes more shapely and my boobs more prominent than when I was larger in size because I collect lipids in my upper abonimal region, back, and sides. Strange....I mostly hear that breast get larger with weight gain.. :indifferent: we seem so be the unlucky ones. (pout) lol
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    i really doubt you're an A cup. You're just wearing the wrong size. that fat at the sides is probably breast tissue smooshed back there from wearing A cups and sportsbras all the time.

I wear a 32D but my boobs are like... less than a handful. I used to think i was a 34A/B. In actual fact, D is a pretty small size still.

Use this - http://i.imgur.com/tgrX4zO.png

from the reddit thing there http://www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    Yeah.. to all my ladies out there, hopefully some of you know what im talking about.. When Ive attwmpted to explain this problem before it seemed to confuse my friend. I wear an A cup bra but when I was in highschool they didnt exactly sell a 38 A at my walmart, so unless I wanted to have my mom buy me an expensive bra from the mall, Id have to move up to a 38 B. Lol, it was terrible. I decided my senior year that I would just wear sports bras. Ive lost a lot of weight since then but Id still rather wear sports bras. Ive been doing this for about 4 years now. I never really noticed this until I moved in with my boyfriend 4 years ago..but do any of you have..this is where it gets confusing..fat on the side of your body, some what under your armpit? Like..say you wear a bra thats too tight and you get a buldge there? If that makes sense..? Except mines just there.. always.
    Well, anyway, because my boobs are so small and I have that problem it makes them look more small while me look bigger and its just really been gettin me down lately when i see myself naked.. I dont really know what would help get rid of it.

yep. I know exactly what you mean! I call it "side boob", and I used to have it too. I used to have "back boobs" too, but as I lost weight, those went away.

In the picture on the left, I wear a 42DD bra. In the picture on the right, a 38C bra. There is less than 5 lbs of scale weight between the 2 pictures, but lots of weight training. In the first picture, it literally looks like my boobs are aimed out to the side!

10035269906_47277afec6.jpg
    Untitled by crochetmom2010, on Flickr

a few exercises that may help that area are pushups, triceps dips and incline pull ups.
  • crackur
    crackur Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    boobs are fat....

good fat but fat none the less
  • HeyGoRun
    HeyGoRun Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    i really doubt you're an A cup. You're just wearing the wrong size. that fat at the sides is probably breast tissue smooshed back there from wearing A cups and sportsbras all the time.

I wear a 32D but my boobs are like... less than a handful. I used to think i was a 34A/B. In actual fact, D is a pretty small size still.

D is not small size 32 is If i wear a 32 i would need A 32DDDD/F

I used to be a 38, but cups were big so i had to wear 36B but not fill out
    That fat you say looked bad, now with a boob job is not there, guess i needed bigger boobs! ;-p
  • gluteusassimus
    Options
    I WISH I could say I had smaller boobs. Haha. I feel like the only person that complains about them, but I'm sure I'm not. Though, I can be happy that I went from a 40 DD to a 36-38 D depending on the brand. Maybe to help reduce that, you can do a lot of stretches? Toe touch, side stretch sort of bit with your arms over your head. That could probably help. Put just a little strain on your sides and upper arms.
  • frommetobetterme
    frommetobetterme Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    You mean you have side-boobs. :)

I am big chested, (40F-G depending on the bra), and had side boob even when I was smaller as a teenager.

The trick is to find a bra that has a lot of support on the sides. For bigger ladies, there are minimizer bras that help with this issue, but I don't know if there are any equivalents in smaller bras (because which person with small boobs would want them minimized?

It may be, but not necessarily. I tend to gain weight on my back and sides as well as everywhere else, so even bra-less I have side-boob.
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Get fitted and spend a little extra $$ on a good bra that makes you feel good! I know Victoria's Secret is expensive but hey, they make my boobs look great, they make my clothes look better, and they make me FEEL great. A real bra will do wonders - you'll look much better proportioned. I always feel fatter wearing sports bras because they destroy my shape and flatten out my chest, which makes me feel like my stomach looks bigger.

When I get help from a salesperson at VS, I always leave happier and usually with a different size than I went in looking for. Burn the sports bras! (except...well...for sports. I guess.) Even a T-shirt looks a million times better over a good bra. And side boob is kind of inevitable...even people on the skinnier side have it. I just try not to wear tops in clingy fabrics that show it off. Resist the urge to buy a bigger band size to *eliminate* the side boob though...it won't work and your bra will just look weird. I've been guilty of that.
  • mmipanda
    mmipanda Posts: 351 Member
    Options

That fat you say looked bad, now with a boob job is not there, guess i needed bigger boobs! ;-p

can you please go read the pages i linked to? you clearly know nothing about bra sizing. go measure yourself using the guide. my underbust is now 32inches, so i wear a 32. its not particularly small.

also american sizes are ridiculous, cup sizes go up to like a J in the uk. D is not big.
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    That's all got to do with how you wear a bra.

A decent, upthrusty underwire bra requires to be put on by you leaning over, and having boob fall into the cup.

This has the utter added advantage of all 'side boob' also falling into the cup. :D

then, because it's all compacted into one space, your tits look rather nice.

go to a decent bra shop. A decent one. Splurge on decent bras. Get the shop lady to fit you. she won't have to see your boobs, but she will help with fit.

think of it as luxury, like a facial or a day spa. Having a nice titty-bra really makes life so much nicer all round. You don't have to worry about men looking you in the eye, for one thing. ;)
  • Everyone with bra problems, take a trip to www.reddit.com/r/ABraThatFits .

Your life will change, trust me. They have a great guide on how to properly measure yourself, and where to find bras if you're a size your local store doesn't carry.
  • sweet_blasphemy
    sweet_blasphemy Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    yep, I know exactly what you're talking about. Sidekick boobs. the more fat I have under my armpit area, the more spread out it makes my boobs appear. the more spread out they are, the flatter they appear in profile and roundness. I've definitely noticed it's easier since I've lost a few lbs to get a decent cleavage line going (with a strong enough bra, of course) but also, I hate slightly less the way I look in sports bras/braless PJs/naked.

thanks to my gradually shrinking sidekick boobs, i'm slowly moving out of Udder territory and into plain ol' big boob land. it won't last for long though, since the majority of my initial weight loss will be taken out of my chest. within a few months I'll probably be down to a D or full C without having lost one millimeter from my waist or hips. guarantee it.
  • chezzamanezza
    Options

The number is the measurement around your body and the letter is cup size.
    Maybe you should go get measured.