Rough Month ~ Need help staying on Track

Options
This month is rough for me, it will be my husband's birthday coming up on October 17 and then his death on October 28. Usually I turn to food. I am trying to keep busy, next weekend i will be going to Arrowhead to scrapbook, come home then fly out to Oregon for the rest of the month. But i do not want to turn to food for comfort!

Replies

• QuietBloom
    QuietBloom Posts: 5,413 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry about your husband. :cry: My honest advice? I think your plan is great, but if you turn to comfort foods, don't be too hard on yourself. Mourning is a very painful time. :heart:
  • HouseOwlet
    HouseOwlet Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't you do it Yvonnie, you're a tough girl! It's really awful that you lost him, but now it's in the past don't let it have a bad impact on your health and happiness in the present.
    When I die, I want the people who loved me to move on and be reminded that life can be short and fragile, so they must do their best to be happy and healthy in the time they have left. Maybe your husband would feel the same!
    If you're with your family or his at this time, maybe they can help keep an eye on you? Would it help if one of us (me!) sent you a couple messages this month to check up on you and give you encouragement?
  • marleniap
    marleniap Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Don't you do it Yvonnie, you're a tough girl! It's really awful that you lost him, but now it's in the past don't let it have a bad impact on your health and happiness in the present.
    When I die, I want the people who loved me to move on and be reminded that life can be short and fragile, so they must do their best to be happy and healthy in the time they have left. Maybe your husband would feel the same!
    If you're with your family or his at this time, maybe they can help keep an eye on you? Would it help if one of us (me!) sent you a couple messages this month to check up on you and give you encouragement?

That is so nice of you. That's why I like this community so much because of people just like you, caring and supportive. Keep your head up Yvonnie , you have great friend and support. I do know how you feel though, I lost my mother and brother within less than a year of each other. It's hard, I cry and feel alone a whole lot. let me stop, I'm about to start crying now. God Bless.
  • Yvonnie42
    Options
    Thank you, the first year is the hardest the holidays are sad, but i have been trying to keep busy and stay happy, i remember him telling my stepson, not to use him as an excuse to fall back on his old ways of doing things, he said he didn't want to be the cause of anything, he said that he had to live his own life not use him as an excuse. That was when he was 6 months into his diagnosis. He had stage 4 Brain cancer. Last Thanksgiving and Christmas were especially hard but now this year will hit me knowing i will never have the Thanksgiving and Christmas we had in the past... 33 years is a hard time to have someone and lose, he was with me 24/7, i worked from home alot and he was retired.. now i have a cat to try and keep me happy.. I know it takes time.. i am going to see his family Nov 4 - 12 to take some of his things to them that they had wanted, i have waited a year to decide what to do with his stuff.. i have given some to our kids and some to his, now his family... thanks for reading this... <3