What to do with all these clothes!

So I have to start by saying I LOVE LOVE LOVE MFP! I have lost 24 pounds since I started the end of May. As I get smaller and smaller my clothes are getting bigger and bigger.
I have a ton of size 10s and size large pants, shirts, dresses, etc. I need to get rid of...I need size 6,s 8's mediums and smalls. So here is what I propose. A pay it forward kinda thing. I would love to send off my clothes to someone who needs them and if anyone wants to send me clothes I would love it too!

I don't want to buy yet because I have some more inches to lose! Message me if you are interested in some clothes!

Replies

• Amara15
    Amara15 Posts: 211 Member
    What a great idea! I'll go through my stuff and if I have anything i can send out I'll post it on here!
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    This is a great idea.
    Later today I'll take pictures of what I have that's too big to send off, but unfortunately they won't help you (size 16s).
  • ohwhataday
    ohwhataday Posts: 1,398 Member
    What a FANTASTIC idea! ahhh!! I wish I had some to trade!
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,870 Member
    Awesome idea!
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Take them to a consignment shop and get money to buy new clothes!
  • I thought about the consignment shop idea, but I would rather pay it forward!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    I thought about doing this too! I have clothes that I've hardly worn that I would like someone to get use out of. I have sizes 18/20 including a pair of Apple Bottom jeans that I only wore once. If any one out there would like them, message me.
  • sgp329
    sgp329 Posts: 184
    This is a beautiful idea! I have clothes that need to move out as well. I went last Friday and got one pair of work pants and one pair of jeans, but absolutely refuse to buy much more because I do not intend to stay this new size for long. I am down two sizes which means I am now wearing 18's instead of 22's. I do have some nice work clothes. A lot of my everyday stuff like lounge pants I can still wear they are just extra roomy.

It would really go my frugal soul good to help someone out. :smile:
  • I am glad this idea is going well! I hope everyone gets a little something out of it. I am sending out a package of clothes on Saturday! GOOD LUCK EVERYONE! REMEMBER: size 8 and 6s needed here....(and maybe some m's and smalls!
  • HisLamb
    HisLamb Posts: 15 Member
    Such a GREAT idea to pay it forward. I only wish I had 6, 8's and 10's to mail out.. :) I will one day :). I am in the 22 stage and just can't seem to find the $$ anywhere at the moment for clothes. The consignments stores here are still pricey and the Goodwill/Salvation army don't normally have many/if any plus size things. Bless you all for paying it forward :)
  • sgp329
    Such a GREAT idea to pay it forward. I only wish I had 6, 8's and 10's to mail out.. :) I will one day :). I am in the 22 stage and just can't seem to find the $$ anywhere at the moment for clothes. The consignments stores here are still pricey and the Goodwill/Salvation army don't normally have many/if any plus size things. Bless you all for paying it forward :)

I will have some clothes for you. If you want them that is. Inbox me your address and I will try to get some packed and shipped for you this weekend. I would love for you to have them. Most of what I have is going to be work wear, but I also have a great pair of Levi's jeans.
  • MissingMinnesota
    MissingMinnesota Posts: 7,486 Member
    someone set up a site at one point with clothes to trade. I just can't remember what the website was.
  • HisLamb

I will have some clothes for you. If you want them that is. Inbox me your address and I will try to get some packed and shipped for you this weekend. I would love for you to have them. Most of what I have is going to be work wear, but I also have a great pair of Levi's jeans.

WOW!!! thank you.. .. Let me know if I owe you anything! Work clothes are exactly what I need actually :flowerforyou:
    Thanks again!! I promise to pay if forward for someone else when I'm done with them (which I pray is sooon).

Congrats on your weightloss btw. I'm just starting (again) but this is the LAST time I start this journey.. :happy:

Thanks again and again and again!!

Heather
  • ErinMarie25
    ErinMarie25 Posts: 733 Member
    Awesome idea! I have some clothes too. I am going to drop them off at the drop box for donations.
  • GLAD this is working out for everyone!
  • sgp329

Thanks again and again and again!!

Heather

You are very welcome! Your box is on the way. I hope our style is similar. I am a bit hippy mixed with weirdo (LOL).
  • HisLamb
    Susan... LOL.. I'm whatever FITS...lol :laugh:
  • inskydiamonds
    inskydiamonds Posts: 2,519 Member
    I have a pair of size 16 jeans that I can send to anyone. They're a few months old and one of the hems is a little frayed, but not horribly. They're Gap's Curvy jeans and cost $59.50 new. This is what they look like: gp673949-00p01v01.jpg

I'll send them to whoever asks first! I'll pay for shipping and obviously, I'm not asking for anything in return!

If you want them message me with your address. First come, first serve!
  • I have a pair of size 16 jeans that I can send to anyone. They're a few months old and one of the hems is a little frayed, but not horribly. They're Gap's Curvy jeans and cost $59.50 new. This is what they look like: gp673949-00p01v01.jpg

I'll send them to whoever asks first! I'll pay for shipping and obviously, I'm not asking for anything in return!

If you want them message me with your address. First come, first serve!
  • Opps!! I didn't do that right -- I am size 16 and need jeans.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!