Herbalife Diet

Options
2»

Replies

• omystars22
    omystars22 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    This product will work for how you WANT it to work. You have to take into consideration on what your long term goal is. Do you JUST want to lose weight? If you JUST want to lose weight, then yes, this program will work for you. If you want MORE than that, then you need to ask yourself how you can MAXIMIZE this program to help jump start.

The reasons why some of these programs don't work long term is because people don't LEARN how to eat properly. Whats the point of doing allt he work of losing the weight, and then going back to your OLD eating habits. Of COURSE you are going to gain the weight back.

I did the 8 week challenge starting at the end of march and I did the whole 2 shakes a day Mon-Fri and then the weekends I tried to eat as sensible as possible. I did LOTS of research and I cooked/made all my snacks and all lunches/dinners. I was also working out hard so I HAD to consume a LOT of calories. I was constantly eating all the time. I ate EVERY 2 1/2 to 3 hours with 5-6 meals a day.

I have been off the challenge about 3 weeks now and I am STILL losing weight (lost about 5 lbs), because I took the opportunity to really learn good eating habits and exercise. Oh, and I have MAYBE had a shake maybe twice these whole 3 weeks.

So yes, this program can work for you to help jump start your weight loss, but you really have to do the leg work to take this time to learn good eating habits.
  • NC0224
    NC0224 Posts: 11
    Options
    I know of people who have done the Body by Vi protein shake replacement, and they have successfully lost weight and kept it off. I did it for a short time, but didn't like the taste, or the cost! I am not a breakfast person, so I have started doing my workouts in the morning, and I drink a protein shake afterward. I do not eat before I work out. Even if you don't workout in the morning this is still an option. I would just make sure that you are still eating throughout the day, and meeting your calorie intake requirement. Amazon has 4lbs Optimum Performance Whey Protein mix for $39.99 right now, and if you subscribe that price drops to $37, plus free shipping for prime members. (Not to sound like a sales woman! lol) I just purchased it, because it was very reasonably priced. Just an option if price is an issue with the other program. :) Good luck!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    It doesn't work long term, and your friend is in a pyramid scheme that she can't win.

This.

Complete waste of money. Echoing other comments about just eat healthily and exercise and watch it come off by getting a grip on that for long term weight loss and health.

It's an expensive way to yo-yo.
  • nurhogirl
    nurhogirl Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I use it for breakfast because I'm always in a hurry to eat and rush out the door to get to work. I've been using it for 6 weeks and I like how I'm not hungry by time I get to work.

I (use to) go to this smoothie store near by my work place which happen to use all Herbalife products. At the smoothie store, they had a scale and I weighed myself and that was the part where the distributors were selling me their supplements and smoothie mixes if I want to lose weight. The thing that turned me off about the distributors there were pushing me to drink 2-3 smoothies per day and take supplements each and every time. I only drink the smoothies and supplements 1 time per day because as I said, it's a convenient breakfast. Yes, I have lost weight and I generally eat healthy. But this past week, I went to the smoothie store and I weighed myself there and I GAINED 3 lbs. I told my distributor that I came from my vacation from Vegas and I came from work and for lunch we celebrated my coworker's going away party. She said I should start taking smoothies 3x per day to get the weight off and buy more product.

I told her that I would not drink 3x a day. It's a quick fix and besides I'll gain the weight back once I eat regular food. I'm not going to drink smoothies and take pills all day either. Even though losing weight is nice, I got to celebrate life every once in a while :-). Why should I go to Vegas and just drink smoothies all day? And should I have skipped out my coworker's going away party just to drink smoothies at the lunch room? Also I have a fiance I make dinner for several nights a week. See? Enjoy life!

She was not please that I refuse to drink 3x a day, everyday.

When I'm done with my Herbalife, I probably would look for other protein powders like Plantfuson for my new breakfast. And also follow the 80/20 rule daily -- 80% of my calories to eat clean and 20% of my fun food.
  • Claudz_dl
    Options
    Liquid diets are temporary. Yes people get results, but ANY plan will do the same if followed. The real test is STAYING on the same program for life. And buying and drinking shakes for life as meals doesn't do it for the majority of people.
    Learn how to eat food and also how to eat food you like while staying in calorie control. That's doable for life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I really love this reply!

I have been on herbalife for 5 weeks, my body feels weird when i use it, and I am constipated all the time - this is very abnormal. I love the flavour of the shakes, but I dislike what it makes my body feel like. I have lost 2.2kg since being on herbalife, and i have decided enough is enough, I need real food, not artificial stuff!
  • TamaraKat
    TamaraKat Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Liquid diets are temporary. Yes people get results, but ANY plan will do the same if followed. The real test is STAYING on the same program for life. And buying and drinking shakes for life as meals doesn't do it for the majority of people.
    Learn how to eat food and also how to eat food you like while staying in calorie control. That's doable for life.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I really love this reply!

I have been on herbalife for 5 weeks, my body feels weird when i use it, and I am constipated all the time - this is very abnormal. I love the flavour of the shakes, but I dislike what it makes my body feel like. I have lost 2.2kg since being on herbalife, and i have decided enough is enough, I need real food, not artificial stuff!

Agreed. Though I've never tried it myself, this is what I hear from EVERYONE. Education is one of the most powerful tools in weightloss and keeping it off. Educated yourself on the foods and nutrition association and you will find that you can not only lose the weight but keep it off with ease too.
  • Rai007
    Rai007 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    i wont even give up my carbs or all the tasty food.
    u just need to count calories.

living on specific diets is just mental torture.
  • elyelyse
    elyelyse Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I really hope this works for me :) Alittle scared!

Any plan that involves a calorie deficit will work for you...why give up real food?

I totally understand why people want a premade, easy meal option sometimes, and I don't have issue with meal replacement shakes as one way to accomplish this...but, as a primary source of nutrition? It's so unnecessary. (Plus, there are tons of meal replacement shake options that won't cost an arm and a leg.)

If its a matter of convenience, there are so many ways to prepare foods ahead of time that are quick and easy to grab on the go, you don't need to resort to expensive boring liquid meals.
  • tdhowell
    Options
    As someone who has lost a lot of weight using the Herbalife products as a part of my diet, let me state that anyone who tells you take two shakes a day and eat a meal with no other food is probably someone you should run far away from; especially if you're exercising as well.

I utilize the shakes as a snack since they are only 90 calories (or 200 if you add the Protein Drink Mix). I take in around 2400 calories a day and there's no way that 400 calories is going cover me for the day.

But yes any calorie deficit will work, but make sure you track your calories as well.
  • richardheath
    richardheath Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    This product will work for how you WANT it to work. You have to take into consideration on what your long term goal is. Do you JUST want to lose weight? If you JUST want to lose weight, then yes, this program will work for you. If you want MORE than that, then you need to ask yourself how you can MAXIMIZE this program to help jump start.

The reasons why some of these programs don't work long term is because people don't LEARN how to eat properly. Whats the point of doing allt he work of losing the weight, and then going back to your OLD eating habits. Of COURSE you are going to gain the weight back.

I did the 8 week challenge starting at the end of march and I did the whole 2 shakes a day Mon-Fri and then the weekends I tried to eat as sensible as possible. I did LOTS of research and I cooked/made all my snacks and all lunches/dinners. I was also working out hard so I HAD to consume a LOT of calories. I was constantly eating all the time. I ate EVERY 2 1/2 to 3 hours with 5-6 meals a day.

I have been off the challenge about 3 weeks now and I am STILL losing weight (lost about 5 lbs), because I took the opportunity to really learn good eating habits and exercise. Oh, and I have MAYBE had a shake maybe twice these whole 3 weeks.

So yes, this program can work for you to help jump start your weight loss, but you really have to do the leg work to take this time to learn good eating habits.

Your weight loss is not a car that needs jump starting! Why not skip the scam, and just do the good eating habits bit?
  • halfabaileys
    halfabaileys Posts: 14 Member
    Options

Any plan that involves a calorie deficit will work for you...why give up real food?

You know, I understand the rationale for your post but I really disagree with this statement. For some people, a 'simple' calorie deficit does not work! I spent months on a calorie controlled diet without losing a single lb!
    I followed Slimming World for years and lost 5 stone (70lb) but for some reason, when I gained weight and tried to follow the plan again it didn't work for me. Out of desperation, I stuck to a rigid 1200 Kcals a day diet; healthy foods, low fat and exercise to absolutely no avail! I have since discovered that in order to lose weight I need a much greater calorific intake. My BMR is 1650 and I eat to that daily, and use herbalife to increase my protein intake and avoids me skipping meals in work. It's taken me a long time to figure it out but that's no calorie deficit for me!
  • daydreamer8515
    Options

I (use to) go to this smoothie store near by my work place which happen to use all Herbalife products. At the smoothie store, they had a scale and I weighed myself and that was the part where the distributors were selling me their supplements and smoothie mixes if I want to lose weight. The thing that turned me off about the distributors there were pushing me to drink 2-3 smoothies per day and take supplements each and every time. I only drink the smoothies and supplements 1 time per day because as I said, it's a convenient breakfast. Yes, I have lost weight and I generally eat healthy. But this past week, I went to the smoothie store and I weighed myself there and I GAINED 3 lbs. I told my distributor that I came from my vacation from Vegas and I came from work and for lunch we celebrated my coworker's going away party. She said I should start taking smoothies 3x per day to get the weight off and buy more product.

I told her that I would not drink 3x a day. It's a quick fix and besides I'll gain the weight back once I eat regular food. I'm not going to drink smoothies and take pills all day either. Even though losing weight is nice, I got to celebrate life every once in a while :-). Why should I go to Vegas and just drink smoothies all day? And should I have skipped out my coworker's going away party just to drink smoothies at the lunch room? Also I have a fiance I make dinner for several nights a week. See? Enjoy life!

She was not please that I refuse to drink 3x a day, everyday.

When I'm done with my Herbalife, I probably would look for other protein powders like Plantfuson for my new breakfast. And also follow the 80/20 rule daily -- 80% of my calories to eat clean and 20% of my fun food.

This story reminds me of a similar experience I had recently at a smoothie shop. They were doing a 3 day challenge to lose 5 lbs in 3 day (very silly of me to even engage this) but i thought hey, this would be a great way to jump start me losing weight. I was literally all but guaranteed that if i drank the tea and shake 2 twice daily and ate healthy, I would lose this weight. I weighed in today and I only loss 3 lbs and he told e I wasn't trying hard enough.

Excuse me?

I busted my behind with coming there everyday, eating right, not cheating once, watching my portions, and exercising. Needless to say I'm turned off by the whole thing. I may get the shakes for breakfast because I do have a hard time eating in the morning, but I'm definitely not depending on this as the holy grail for losing weight.
  • mattsmom8
    mattsmom8 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just started the Herbalife diet 1.5 weeks ago. You should use 2 scoops to 2 scoops with 8 oz. of water. Use the vanilla powder and put either fruit (peaches, strawberries, blueberries etc with stevia) or I've been using banana extract with a tablespoon of instant chocolate pudding with a lot of ice to make it thick. Also starting using cheesecake pudding. It is really good. Don't use milk. Also get some soy crackers from meijer's. You can have 19 crackers as a snack. Don't listen to people who say you don't eat. I have days where I am so full I can hardly eat all my protein. I started at 203 lbs and lost 6 lbs the first week. I am now on week 2. I use my fitness pal to record all my food. My normal day is a shake in the morning, a snack of tuna and 10 soy crackers, chicken breast with colored peppers as a stir try that I made before work. A snack in the afternoon of 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and 10 soy crackers. For dinner a shake and another snack of popcorn or soy crackers. Make sure you drink 1/2 your weight in water every day. Use their aloe in your water (it tastes like mango) to keep your intestines moving. Also use the cell activator. I eat 115 grams of protein every day. I only look at my protein and sodium. Eat fresh fruit as it has natural sugar in it. No bread. Walk at least 3 times a day. I don't expect to be on this forever but I need a kick start as I am going through menopause and have gained 20 lbs. in the 3 months. Always log into my fitness pal. It helps you pay attention to what you eat. I am in a biggest loser program for the next 6 weeks and the winner will win $225. The people running it does sell Herbalife - and it has changed over the last 25 years. Read more about it online. It's no different then GNC and other places that sell protein drinks. Stay in touch - I plan on winning the money and losing weight to go to Punta Cana over New Years. Pay attention to what you put in your mouth. Good Luck!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options

You know, I understand the rationale for your post but I really disagree with this statement. For some people, a 'simple' calorie deficit does not work! I spent months on a calorie controlled diet without losing a single lb!
    I followed Slimming World for years and lost 5 stone (70lb) but for some reason, when I gained weight and tried to follow the plan again it didn't work for me. Out of desperation, I stuck to a rigid 1200 Kcals a day diet; healthy foods, low fat and exercise to absolutely no avail! I have since discovered that in order to lose weight I need a much greater calorific intake. My BMR is 1650 and I eat to that daily, and use herbalife to increase my protein intake and avoids me skipping meals in work. It's taken me a long time to figure it out but that's no calorie deficit for me!
    You can't trump the laws of thermodynamics. You lose weight when calorie expenditure is higher than calorie intake.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    I just started the Herbalife diet 1.5 weeks ago. You should use 2 scoops to 2 scoops with 8 oz. of water. Use the vanilla powder and put either fruit (peaches, strawberries, blueberries etc with stevia) or I've been using banana extract with a tablespoon of instant chocolate pudding with a lot of ice to make it thick. Also starting using cheesecake pudding. It is really good. Don't use milk. Also get some soy crackers from meijer's. You can have 19 crackers as a snack. Don't listen to people who say you don't eat. I have days where I am so full I can hardly eat all my protein. I started at 203 lbs and lost 6 lbs the first week. I am now on week 2. I use my fitness pal to record all my food. My normal day is a shake in the morning, a snack of tuna and 10 soy crackers, chicken breast with colored peppers as a stir try that I made before work. A snack in the afternoon of 1/2 cup of cottage cheese and 10 soy crackers. For dinner a shake and another snack of popcorn or soy crackers. Make sure you drink 1/2 your weight in water every day. Use their aloe in your water (it tastes like mango) to keep your intestines moving. Also use the cell activator. I eat 115 grams of protein every day. I only look at my protein and sodium. Eat fresh fruit as it has natural sugar in it. No bread. Walk at least 3 times a day. I don't expect to be on this forever but I need a kick start as I am going through menopause and have gained 20 lbs. in the 3 months. Always log into my fitness pal. It helps you pay attention to what you eat. I am in a biggest loser program for the next 6 weeks and the winner will win $225. The people running it does sell Herbalife - and it has changed over the last 25 years. Read more about it online. It's no different then GNC and other places that sell protein drinks. Stay in touch - I plan on winning the money and losing weight to go to Punta Cana over New Years. Pay attention to what you put in your mouth. Good Luck!
    You can do that without having to go on ANY diet plan. Again, it's important to convey that if one ISN'T going to eat this way for life, that maybe they SHOULDN'T take the plan on. A lifestyle change is eating a way you can for life without over consuming or lacking in micronutrients.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Been in fitness industry for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • LilGiselle21
    LilGiselle21 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have been doing it for 3-4 weeks with exercise. I still eat if I am hungry but watch more what I cook or buy and since I have more energy I really concentrate on what I am eating not just quickly putting things together. the Herbalife protein makes me fuller then protein bought at the grocery store. I am also more energized so on my feet more often than before. It has me convinced it'll work for me that I became a distributor. Money wise I spend less a month now on my food and shakes than I did a month ago on just food.
  • alimac92
    alimac92 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    As someone who has lost a lot of weight using the Herbalife products as a part of my diet, let me state that anyone who tells you take two shakes a day and eat a meal with no other food is probably someone you should run far away from; especially if you're exercising as well.

I utilize the shakes as a snack since they are only 90 calories (or 200 if you add the Protein Drink Mix). I take in around 2400 calories a day and there's no way that 400 calories is going cover me for the day.

But yes any calorie deficit will work, but make sure you track your calories as well.

@ TDHowell
    Wow you lost a lot of weight, amazing. The OP should take your advice too.