High Fiber Diet vs Acid Reflux No-No list

Options
OK here's the problem, I'm getting myself ready to handle liver treatments that are going to be similar to chemo treatments, basically I will get worn down more in order to get to the other side. Without going in to the list of multiple problems I have with all my enlarged / inflamed organs I'm hoping to get help with a list of foods here.

I need to be on a high fiber diet but also none of the foods can be from the acid reflux do not eat list. So basically beans of any kind, broccoli, or anything that causes gas is out.

The only thing I have come up with is wheat bread and pasta, brown rice, peas and pears. Is that it? Please tell me there's more choices so I can have variety.

re:
high fiber diverticulosis diet

Replies

• CandelLife
    CandelLife Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    No no's

oranges
    grapefruit
    lemons
    limes
    pineapple
    tomatoes
    tomato sauce
    salsa
    chili
    pizza
    Chocolate

ANYTHING SPICY
  • CandelLife
    Options
    OK wow

Lender's - Small Plain Bagel, 3 bagel (57g) --- 564 calories ---- 5 grams fiber

Peter Pan - Peanut Butter Creamy 2tbsp, 4 tbsp ---- 420 calories
    4 grams fiber

So while this is great for fiber, look at the calories. How do I get the fiber without the calories?

I need 25 - 30 grams of fiber per day
  • CandelLife
    Options
    FOUND IT!

Great Value - Green Split Peas, 1 cup cooked 360 calories
    36 fiber ---- 36 protein
    32 iron
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Bananas and oatmeal are good breakfast options for Acid Reflux. I'm just starting to pick through my diet (major heartburn) and make some changes.

Raspberries & melon are on the low acid list .....not sure if those will work for you.
  • CandelLife
    Options
    Thank you TeaBea!