Worst Halloween Candy

Options

Replies

• gambitsgurl
    gambitsgurl Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Nine Twizzlers carry as many calories as a Wendy’s Double Stack Burger.

WTH?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • plifsey
    plifsey Posts: 24
    Options
    20 pieces of Brach's candy corn is 150 calories.....I love candy corn!!!!! So I let myself have it.
  • So_Um_Yeah
    So_Um_Yeah Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Oh that's just not nice! :grumble:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    Better way to survive Halloween: Don't buy candy. Buy pencils, stickers, and play doh to hand out instead!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Better way to survive Halloween: Don't buy candy. Buy pencils, stickers, and play doh to hand out instead!

BOOOOOOO!!!!!!!
  • AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options

That's exactly what I do!
  • dcturcotte
    Options

Dang, I'm skippin your house :noway:
  • MisdemeanorM
    MisdemeanorM Posts: 3,493 Member
    Options
    Halloween is going to KILL me. :( I have no will power for the candy! I won't buy any, but my son will get a ton and he is only 3 so I can take it all and he has no idea. It's already started with an event this weekend and I ate a bunch!

So, I am going to try to not totally pig out, but not worry too much about it. To keep my exercise level hight though the whole candy time to try to offset some of the calories at least. And I am still logging everything. OK, so I ate like 20 tootsie rolls and 3 butterfingers? I'll actually log it so at least I know what i am doing to myself and being realistic about it! It helps too to see those cals pile up to discourage me from doing so in the future or doing so and going over cals. I love Halloween candy though. I am going to enjoy it in mid-level indulgence / moderation this year :)
  • gambitsgurl
    Options
    Halloween is going to KILL me. :( I have no will power for the candy! I won't buy any, but my son will get a ton and he is only 3 so I can take it all and he has no idea. It's already started with an event this weekend and I ate a bunch!

So, I am going to try to not totally pig out, but not worry too much about it. To keep my exercise level hight though the whole candy time to try to offset some of the calories at least. And I am still logging everything. OK, so I ate like 20 tootsie rolls and 3 butterfingers? I'll actually log it so at least I know what i am doing to myself and being realistic about it! It helps too to see those cals pile up to discourage me from doing so in the future or doing so and going over cals. I love Halloween candy though. I am going to enjoy it in mid-level indulgence / moderation this year :)

I give the candy a day or two then take it to the school and foist it off on the teachers :D
  • trgobble
    trgobble Posts: 51 Member
    Options

I'm with you! I say I eat SOME, in moderation, and try to offset it with exercise and lots of water. If I completely deprive myself, I'll go crazy and then end up binging which is way worse.
  • gambitsgurl
    Options
    I hate Halloween

and I hate Thanksgiving. I don't even like Thanksgiving food :ohwell:
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    Nine Twizzlers carry as many calories as a Wendy’s Double Stack Burger.

WTH?!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

WTH is right! Who knew they were so high in calories! WOW!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    When I buy the halloween candy, I leave it in the truck of the car until halloween...that way, the kids nor I get to it...that's my strategy...1 day is better than 20
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I hate Halloween

and I hate Thanksgiving. I don't even like Thanksgiving food :ohwell:

Bah hum bug:tongue:
  • helloiloveukitty
    helloiloveukitty Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    My plan is to have my boyfriend purchase candies I don't care for. Kids still get candy and I don't get a fat *kitten*. And weigh myself that day so I have a recent number on the scale to defend lol.

And I might indulge in one mini snickers, which is surprisingly not to bad as long as it stops there.
  • summerjoy0621
    summerjoy0621 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am so sad to see my Reese's Pumpkins on there :sad: I just knew they were healthy for me! :laugh: Oh well I will suffer through it with my kids eating all the good stuff.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    This article is the whole reason why I avoid almost all candy all the time. I've been eating one square of dark chocolate that is low carb and lighter on the calories that I buy from Trader Joes. On occasion, I'll have one Dover caramel chocolate. Otherwise, it's just not appealing to me. I'll be spending Halloween visiting two friends at Stanford in California. It's the Halloween drinks I'll have to watch out for, not the Halloween candy.
  • agordon415
    Options
    My weakness is Halloween candy and I always fall off the wagon this time of year. I am determined this year will be different. Luckily my son doesn't want to go out and he just wants to pass out candy. I have decided to by gross gummy candies and things that I don't care for. NO CHOCOLATE. The kids will still love it, my son can eat the leftovers and I have no desire to eat them. It's a win win for everyone :o) Good luck everyone!!
  • briteyes
    briteyes Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'm trying to work on a plan for all the incoming candy... my 1st grader will be bringing a ton home from school, carnivals, trick or treating, etc.... I already told him he is not going to eat all that candy... i told him how bad it is for us and we are making changes to be more healthy. he wasn't as bummed as I thought he would be, but i know he would probably rather just eat it all...lol... I may not even take him trick or treating... we'll see...

i might just have to bring all the candy in to work (after we've sorted out his loot and divyed it up).
  • sallyLunn
    sallyLunn Posts: 381
    Options
    I'm lucky, I'm just not into candy, and I really don't want to be the house that hands out pencils. My kids are grown up now, but i know what they used to say about "those" houses.