Would you be f'ed?

Options
2»

Replies

• LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Apocalypse. No power. No water. No more grocery stores. Mass hysteria..

Would you be prepared?

No Power? I prefer candlelight so no big deal

No Water? Could probably go without water...If its a long session than this could become an issue.

No more grocery stores? In public isn't neccessarily my thing so I dont need a grocery store

Mass Hysteria? I wish

So yea, I don't see anything in your scenario that would prevent me from being f'ed.

It'd be permanent. lol
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Clarify: Are there zombies?

If Yes: I am screwed

If No: Should be fine. I buy my rice/noodles/canned goods in very large amounts, to such a degree that I have a closet just for that stuff (I shop at costco for anything that isn't fresh). I live on an island and have water purifiers, so I think I'd be fine in that respect, at least for a little while.
    If it's zombies... You live on an island.. I'd say theres less chance of zombies coming from the main land.. OR you could get rid of all the zombies and live pretty well on your island. Unphased from the mainland.

Someone didn't read World War Z/skipped the section about zombies in the ocean.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options

If No: Should be fine. I buy my rice/noodles/canned goods in very large amounts, to such a degree that I have a closet just for that stuff (I shop at costco for anything that isn't fresh). I live on an island and have water purifiers, so I think I'd be fine in that respect, at least for a little while.
    If it's zombies... You live on an island.. I'd say theres less chance of zombies coming from the main land.. OR you could get rid of all the zombies and live pretty well on your island. Unphased from the mainland.

I haven't read or seen that one. I didn't like the previews.

Set up barriers in the water around it.

I'd much rather be on an island vs mainland.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options
    < has stored food and water
    < grew up in the Outback. My whole country has tried to kill me and failed.
    <Has an unreasonable amount of survivalist literature.

Mutant dont worry bout nuthin, Mutant dont worr bout nothin.
  • Mutant13
    Mutant13 Posts: 2,485 Member
    Options

I haven't read or seen that one. I didn't like the previews.

Set up barriers in the water around it.

I'd much rather be on an island vs mainland.

The crappy film only shares a title with the AMAZING book. Read it
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Just bought 55 Cadbury eggs. I'll be fine.
  • CoolHandSmouche
    Options
    Just bought 55 Cadbury eggs. I'll be fine.

Apocalypse - pah! Nothing a bit of Cadbury's goodness can't fix...besides, I've watched the Walking Dead, so how much more preparation would I need!
  • JenAndSome
    JenAndSome Posts: 1,908 Member
    Options
    It would be rough at first, but I''m pretty sure I'd make it.
  • LurveTheDoctor
    Options
    Sweet. I just might. Just finished TWD comics a few weeks ago and was looking for a good read.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options
    I'd be fine. I have some storage. I have guns. I can hunt, and plant, and I have stuff for purifying water. I sleep on the ground at least one weekend a month. Meh.
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options

Would you be prepared?
    Why would anyone WANT to live in a post-apocalyptic world?
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options

This! Amazing book, from what I hear the movie didn't do it any justice.
  • Otterluv
    Otterluv Posts: 9,083 Member
    Options

Would you be prepared?
    Why would anyone WANT to live in a post-apocalyptic world?

That was my thought! Do you people even read? It never ends well.

Count me out on the first wave.

No electricity = no ice cream = not a world I'd want to live in
  • Loasaur
    Loasaur Posts: 125
    Options
    I don't have much with me at this point in time like a stock pile of food and water or guns, etc.

But! I know how to make a water purifier and I know how to use a gun. And...I come from a teeny tinny little town WAYYY off the beaten path with hardly any people. Hopefully, that will save me.
  • EddieHaskell97
    EddieHaskell97 Posts: 2,227 Member
    Options
    I have fresh water, and years worth of preserved food. Deer come into my back yard after my apple tree every day, and I've got multiple shotguns.

Plus, if my '12 Impala and Fusion are eliminated, I've still got my *****IN' '97 Camaro that would give a zombie a run for its money.

1671923_600.jpg

All I need is some more friends for the drinking portion and we'll weather the apocolypse just skippy!
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options

or was it day of the dead - where the zombies walked through the river and up the other side to take over the fortified city? Land of the dead... can't remember the name.
  • Candi_land
    Candi_land Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    I would not want to live in that world. I'd get drunk first, fulfill some sexual fantasies, and then die happily.
  • DYfive
    DYfive Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    I would not want to live in that world. I'd get drunk first, fulfill some sexual fantasies, and then die happily.
    I really hope you're the next character introduced on The Walking Dead.