Best thing to eat for breakfast is...

Options
Hey
What do you think is the most nutritional breakfast that will help me to lose weight faster?

Replies

• suppakana
    suppakana Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Whatever you can eat consistently that will be within your calorie and macronutrient goals.

For me, that happens to be poptarts or cereal.
  • BunBun85
    BunBun85 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want for breakfast. One day it was leftover pizza, yesterday it was cheese poofs, pretty sure the day before that was cheese poofs, another day it was ice cream. I log it and move on through the day.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Hey
    What do you think is the most nutritional breakfast that will help me to lose weight faster?
    No food will help you lose weight faster. Go for something you like and fills you up. I'm a fan of Porridge as you can vary it up so much
  • HollisGrant
    HollisGrant Posts: 2,022 Member
    Options
    I eat steel cut oats with a chopped apple most of the time. Sometimes I have a chocolate shake with almond milk. Both are nutritious. As far as calories go, have whatever you like as long as it fits into your day.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Hey

Any food that helps you stay within your calorie goal. And while I'm here there's no point trying to lose fast, what's the rush? Aim for steady, sustainable loss of around 1lb per week.

Aim to get protein and fibre in at every meal, it'll help you fell fuller for longer, thus reducing the chance of going over your goal.
  • ron2e
    ron2e Posts: 606
    Options
    Bacon! Won't make you lose weight faster, but it's very good!
  • just_jess7
    just_jess7 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Food. Definitely eat food.

In all seriousness, there's no magic food that you can eat in order to lose weight faster.

My breakfast (when I eat it - I am not a morning person) usually consists of either a bowl of cereal or eggs/toast and such. I also like to get sausage patties and make homemade sausage and cheese mcmuffins. Other mornings, it's just coffee or nothing at all.
  • rdibbxsh
    Options
    Protein, protein, protein! The body needs it and you can't get protein without calories. Try a hard boiled egg, almond milk, cottage cheese or eggs cooked without adding fats. Pure Protein bars also also a good protein source with low calories.
  • mokoko123
    mokoko123 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I agree to get some protein in - I have a protein shake daily for breakfast - this works for me (I don't care for eggs or oatmeal, but those are both good options too). Protein will help you stay full longer. If you have oatmeal try adding in some protein powder to it, eggs are protein & you can bulk them up with veggies.
  • Via_14
    Via_14 Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    something high in fibre to fill you up =) im vegetarian, no eggs included so it works for me =)

I have Sultana Bran with lite milk and honey sometimes =) ALso a green tea after since im a tea/coffee person.
  • Sarag0887
    Options
    Wow thanks all for the responses!
  • Sarag0887
    Options
    Hey

Any food that helps you stay within your calorie goal. And while I'm here there's no point trying to lose fast, what's the rush? Aim for steady, sustainable loss of around 1lb per week.

Aim to get protein and fibre in at every meal, it'll help you fell fuller for longer, thus reducing the chance of going over your goal.

Yeh I need to lose 10kg or 22pounds in roughly 50 days
  • pkw58
    pkw58 Posts: 2,038 Member
    Options
    My best fill me up breakfast is 2 hard boiled eggs and one serving of yogurt, coffee with fat free creamer, and 8 ounces of water. When I was in weight loss mode (I am on maintenance now) I would alternate the eggs with a cup of fat free cottage cheese.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Hey

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Safe weight loss is a pound a week, you're looking for what, half a pound a day? If you have about 200 pounds to lose, that could be realistic, but otherwise, noway. A much more accurate time frame would be 140 days, not 50 days.
  • RawrItsMegii
    Options
    My favourites are porridge oats made with water or egg whites on Wholemeal bread. Porridge is very filling so will keep you going but egg whites have less calories :smile:
  • Sarag0887
    Options
    Hey

Yeah, that's not going to happen. Safe weight loss is a pound a week, you're looking for what, half a pound a day? If you have about 200 pounds to lose, that could be realistic, but otherwise, noway. A much more accurate time frame would be 140 days, not 50 days.

I think I'm just gonna do the best that I can in the time. Given
  • iechick
    iechick Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    There is no magical food that works better for weight loss. Personally I don't break my fast till around noon and then have my biggest meal of the day (usually a whole grain with veggies). Others prefer to eat early in the morning and have lots of bacon. There is no right or wrong here-experiment and see what works for you and your schedule/lifestyle/hunger signals.
  • Wrxsti23
    Options
    I eat egg white omelettes with spinach and reduced fat feta cheese. It keeps me fuller longer with tons of energy.
  • kowajenn
    kowajenn Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    It's all about calories. Eat what makes you happy within your calorie budget.

I have a green smoothie 6 days of the week (spinach, berries, almond milk, flax, protein powder). On the 7th I eat eggs and turkey bacon. If I'm feeling crazy I add some toast.