Scale problems.

Options
I've been dieting properly and working out for 2 weeks with no scale results. What I mean by that is, I can see that my body is changing and looking better but according to my scale I haven't lost a pound. The results i'm seeing from the gym, though positive, are the same results I always get when I start going back to the gym regularly. I only started dieting because I thought it would help make a more drastic change in losing fat. I expected to be losing 1-2 pounds a week but I haven't lost a single one. It's almost like I feel all this dieting and keeping under 1200 calories a day and feeling constantly hungry isn't doing very much.

I've tried weighing myself at different times of the day to see if it changed and it only went up. My roommates suggested maybe my scale isn't " a good scale"...Is this even an possibility?

(Ps. I know people's first reaction is that I'm not staying under calories.. but I weigh and measure all of my meals and even over estimate calories as well as underestimate what I burn at the gym.)

Replies

• OsricTheKnight
    OsricTheKnight Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Try using a graphing tool to get better results from your scale. I like trendweight.com on the web and Libra on android.

Use a body fat %age scale and focus on the fat mass chart on trendweight.com.

Osric

4w.png
  • MzzFaith
    MzzFaith Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Be patient
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    Um - Is it possible you aren't eating enough calories? If you've been working out regularly, you might need to eat more. Its a bit counterintuitive, but i started losing when I started eating a bit more. Also - 2 weeks isn't very much time. Do a little bit of research on BMR, TDEE, and such things, then adjust your calories accordingly.
  • WDEvy
    WDEvy Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    Your answer is in your post.. .You're eating under 1200 calories. That's your problem. Plus you don't seem to have a lot to lose so 1-2 lbs a week is not realistic, with 15 lbs to lose your goal should be around half a pound a week,